Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,962   Posts: 1,558,327   Online: 951

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Hassey problem – Please help

I wanted to use my 120mm Macro Planar which I have fitted to my 500C on many occasions. However, I took it off the other day and now it won’t fit back on. My 80mm fits ok as do macro rings, all in cocked position, as is the camera. I have compared the orientation of the tiny slit and dot, which is the same on the 120mm as on the others that fit. I am also able to fire the lens with the pin and re-cock it with a coin. However, it will turn in the camera ring but not click in.
    Suggestions much appreciated, as I have consulted the manual and internet.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Tried fitting the lens on a macro ring?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Can't do that either, both ring and lens in cocked position.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Putting a small piece of soft tape across the slot and try to fit the lens shold give you a dent in the tape showing you if it is aligned correctly or (if the dent is not above the slot) where it hits.
    If there is no dent at all the problem may be elsewhere in the mount.

Just a thought.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Thanks for the suggestion, as I put a small bit of electrical tape on the slot and tried to fit it to an extension tube. It appears to be making an indent in exactly the right place (at the start of the slot), but when tape removed it will turn in the extention tube, but not click into place.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    John, thanks for reply and no I don’t think it goes all the way to the aligned position, as I checked it on a tube and can’t check it on the camera at the moment. Perhaps it will sort itself out over time and me fiddling with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like junk of some sort under the mating bayonet on the lens. Go in there with a toothpick and clean it out.

Not an uncommon problem.

- Leigh

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Hassey problem

Hassey problem still not solved. Any other suggestions?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The only thing I can think of is that one of the bayonet claws on the lens is bent or in some other way damaged. Your other 80mm and macro rings fit on the camera, but the Makro doesn't mount fully to either the camera or your macro rings, so to me, all signs point to an issue with the lens.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Hassey problem

It is definately the lens, as other units fit. When I try to attach the lens it nearly gets there, as the silver lug goes in, but the lens wont reach the end of its travel to make it click.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin