Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,103   Online: 1035

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Try Genie Imaging in Wandsworth, South London:

http://www.genieimaging.co.uk

I send all my colour film to them. They usually have a two-day (maximum) turnaround time, and the quality is high--they use dip and dunk processing.

They are currently running a special (it repeats often) of £5.99 + VAT for developing and scanning 120 film. Their usual price (without scanning) is £1.99 + VAT per roll. As I have an Epson V750, I usually just get the film processed and scan it myself.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for this link. Looks very interesting - good price and high resolution scans. I'll give them a try. Cheers!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rulnacco View Post
    Try Genie Imaging in Wandsworth, South London:

http://www.genieimaging.co.uk

I send all my colour film to them. They usually have a two-day (maximum) turnaround time, and the quality is high--they use dip and dunk processing.

They are currently running a special (it repeats often) of £5.99 + VAT for developing and scanning 120 film. Their usual price (without scanning) is £1.99 + VAT per roll. As I have an Epson V750, I usually just get the film processed and scan it myself.
    Having used them, I really can't recommend them.
    - They work very hard for the 1.99 headline price, but they get you everywhere else.
    -- Price is plus vat, none of the other labs quote ex vat prices
    -- The postage is totally disproportionate to their costs, and go up hugely as you add rolls, despite sending 1 sleeved negative being broadly the same cost as 10.
    -- You have to pay postage to them. I don't have a problem with that, but it needs to be menitoned when comparing prices. Its about £1.30 these days for a "Parcel", as 35mm film is over 25mm wide. 120 is touch and go.
    -- They insist on recorded delivery, despite this adding very little protection against the item going missing. Which means I've got a trip to the delivery office
    - They charge extra for push pull (The darkroom don't) AND at this point, another "Item" is added to your basket and (you guessed it), up goes the postage price again!
    - Turn around times - My experiences have been 3 working days and 6 working days. That's just film processing, not scanning

Basically, you might save 1/4 over the price of peak by the time you've totted up the extras. But the most unforgivable thing is they forgot to push my film after charging me extra to do it. And yes, it was clearly marked.

These days I do my own, but I've never had any trouble with Peak and the Darkroom, but after 2 batches (the unpushed roll being the in last batch) I've stopped using them

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Most students at uni use Farnell's in Lancaster. I've only used them once to dev two 120 films but they were fast and friendly. Here's a price list http://www.farnellphotographiclab.co.uk/pricelist.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is also Palm Labs in Digbeth Birmingham who offer a friendly, reliable and fast service. I can't recall prices off the top of my head but they do do a variety of packages.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by UKJohn View Post
    There is also Palm Labs in Digbeth Birmingham who offer a friendly, reliable and fast service. I can't recall prices off the top of my head but they do do a variety of packages.
    I've only heard good things. They really shoot themselves in the foot not making prices available online.
    From what I recall, the prices were marginally higher than peak and the darkroom, so I've not tried them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin