Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,804   Online: 1088

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
    The one thing I would suggest without fail: a small notebook and recording actual exposure info for each shot. Do this for a few weeks or months, go over a sheet of negatives with the notebook data, and things will make sense soon.
    This is what i have been doing for the last few rolls in each camera, and will probably continue it for a while. It has helped a bunch, it is good to know all the settings for each shot, I also write down the date and place of each shot.

Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here are some recent pics from a local car show on 8-13-2011.

I think this is the most consistent roll of film i have shot. Meaning they are all well exposed and are not over or under.

Rolleiflex 2.8E3, Fuji proo400H film.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjvUXbYj

Andy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The clarity is great in your photos. You can adjust the contrast through development times, as described by Ansel Adams in his most informative books. If a little too contrasty, cut back on your development times, and get just what you want by burning in, if necessary. I would suggest getting an old school light meter, like a Gossen Luna pro. They are pretty cheap on ebay. I bought a Pentax analog spotmeter there for $92. Those meters would work well for your camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with pgomena - very contrasty situations, I don't see the exposures being far off - the color car show on 8-13 that you feel are most consistent, look like they were shot on a partly cloudy day - less contrast.

I'd sugest trying some shots on a shady day, and other lighting conditions and see what that does.

Also in the Twin cities, I've picked up a couple used lightmeters (Gossen Luna Pro, Minolta 4F) at National Camera and you might find using an incident meter helpful. Whatever method you use I'd suggest staying with one and learning how to get results that work for you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like you did some additional (over)sharpening in photoshop afterwards. Looking at the carpet in the car cockpit shot, there's what appears to be definite sharpening artifacts. Personal preference, of course, but there's really no need to do that.

Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bobt99silver View Post
    I agree with pgomena - very contrasty situations, I don't see the exposures being far off - the color car show on 8-13 that you feel are most consistent, look like they were shot on a partly cloudy day - less contrast.

I'd sugest trying some shots on a shady day, and other lighting conditions and see what that does.

Also in the Twin cities, I've picked up a couple used lightmeters (Gossen Luna Pro, Minolta 4F) at National Camera and you might find using an incident meter helpful. Whatever method you use I'd suggest staying with one and learning how to get results that work for you.
    Soon i will have to get a meter for school, and will also look at getting an analog meter for film.

Quote Originally Posted by olwick View Post
    Looks like you did some additional (over)sharpening in photoshop afterwards. Looking at the carpet in the car cockpit shot, there's what appears to be definite sharpening artifacts. Personal preference, of course, but there's really no need to do that.

Mark
    I use Nikon View Nx2 for all my picture processing. The changes i made were a +1 out of 10 on sharpening and +15 out of 100 on contrast, just to add a little to the pic.

Here is the difference from a unedited and edited pic.

Andy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unedit-07.jpg   Edit-07.jpg  
    Last edited by andys93integra; 08-24-2011 at 03:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin