Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,986   Online: 781

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought them directly from B&H Photo and they came in B+W boxes with the seal. None of them have any writing on them stating which type of filter it is (my Bay I UV filters have the retaining rings with the description). Strange. I think that I'm going to send an email to B+W.
    Last edited by rdtaylor_sea; 08-12-2011 at 11:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got a B+W GND filter that has come loose as well. I would be interested to hear how to repair it - as returning it is not an option for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    I just got a B+W GND filter that has come loose as well. I would be interested to hear how to repair it - as returning it is not an option for me.
    What The Hell Is Going On ???

B+W Filters, Do Not Come Loose !!!

Someone should contact B+W customer service, so that they
    can investigate all the rubbish being sold with their name on it.
    Maybe send a defective filter so that they can very that it is
    not a genuine B+W Item. And why they are possibly being sold
    by camera shops ... " Allegedly "

Consumers are being scammed, and I'm sure the vast
    majority, probably wouldn't know the difference.

I'm checking out my B+W filter right now, it seems like it would
    take a direct nuclear blast to destroy this thing, it's so well made !

Ron
    Last edited by M.A.Longmore; 08-12-2011 at 11:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The contact information for Schneider and B+W filters is here.

http://www.schneideroptics.com/contact/contact.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This thread makes me glad that I ended up forking out what I thought to be a ludicrous amount for an original set of Rollei Bay I yellow and red filters plus a hood. I would probably have to melt them down before I could get the actual colored filter out.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just received a response to my email to B+W. According to them, there are retaining rings in the bay filters. I am beginning to wonder if B&H is selling counterfeit filters.

BTW - the email said that B+W is discontinuing the bay filters sizes.

Shooter
    35mm
    First, we are certainly not knowingly selling counterfeit filters. Second, any customer who recently purchased a B+W filter from us and wishes to exchange or return it is welcome to do so, simply by contacting our customer service.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rdtaylor_sea View Post
    Just received a response to my email to B+W. According to them, there are retaining rings in the bay filters. I am beginning to wonder if B&H is selling counterfeit filters.
    BTW - the email said that B+W is discontinuing the bay filters sizes.
    You'd be doing me, and everyone in this thread, a favor if you'd take a moment to send a copy of your question and their reply to me. My email is in my sig. Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    35mm
    Henry - I want to make it clear to everyone one this thread that I was not suggesting that B&H is knowingly selling fake filters. If anyone took my comments as such I apologize. The filters came in the new, blue B&W Professional packaging with seals intact. The filters did not have internal retaining rings, however, and the glass fell out shortly after opening. According to an email that I received from Schneider Kreuznach, there are retaining rings in all of the Bay filters. Since the filters had the correct, sealed packing, I was wondering if B&H had unknowingly received and shipped some fake ones.

To everyone - I sent an email to B&H customer service and they are exchanging my filters for new ones, and are paying for shipping. They are my primary source of photo gear and I will certainly continue to use them.

Henry - I will send you my question to SK and their response.
    Last edited by rdtaylor_sea; 08-15-2011 at 05:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    There's also a thread started on photo.net that speaks of a fella who just realized his also has glue instead of a retaining ring.

Interesting stuff.
    K.S. Klain

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin