Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,341   Online: 918

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just an update, I contacted B&H a few weeks ago and they sent me a prepaid sticker to have my defective filter returned and replaced. I sent it UPS back to them, and just received my replacement today. It appears to be exactly the same as before, the glass is just sitting in the Bay-1 ring without any type of front reinforcement or retaining ring. I have a feeling that if I put it to use the exact same issue would happen. I guess the next step is to send a message to Schneider Optical and ask about how the filter is supposed to be constructed.

Has anyone else who had this problem contacted them? I would be interested to hear how it went.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All reasons to change to Heliopan I think ..... Never had any problems with their Bay I filters.
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Shooter
    35mm
    I just received the replacement for one of the two defective Bay II B+W filters that I purchased from B&H (they neglected to send me a replacement for the second one).

It is exactly the same as the first one. The glass is only glued into the mount. No retaining ring at all. Apparently Schneider is not constructing these things with retaining rings any more. If I didn't have the box that it came in I wouldn't know which brand it was or what kind of filter it is. I'm going to keep this one, and hope the glass doesn't fall out, but I'm very disappointed and I'm not going to be buying any more.

Shooter
    35mm
    Further update on this. I received a response to an email that I sent to Schneider Kreuznach. Since they will longer be manufacturing bay mount filters, they've stopped installing retaining rings in the mounts. Apparently they feel that the rings aren't necessary, despite that fact that I myself have had a couple of them come apart.

I certainly won't be purchasing any more B+W Bay filters and, to be frank, I would not have expected this from a company with the history of S-Z.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin