Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,469   Posts: 1,644,110   Online: 710

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by oldlincoln View Post
    ALL Pentax site cited earlier has the S/N point where MLU was added to the 6X7 body.
    It also said that SN was NOT an accurate indicator. Older cameras could be modified by Pentax.
    Expletive Deleted!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by toro_mike View Post
    I have one marked 6x7 and it DOES have lock-up, so that's not a great indicator either. The best advice for the OP is to look for the mirror lockup switch!
    Read my post again. The part that says that some "6X7" cameras do have lockup. Thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Even though I plan using this hand held most of the time, with standard and wide angle lenses, having MLU for those occasions where I will use a tripod is a plus. I noticed that KEH doesn't indicate if the 67 and 67 II bodies they offer have MLU or not, so yes, one would presume they all have this feature.

tih
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's another good reason for choosing a body with MLU. My local Pentax tech tells me that there were other, internal, changes to the 6x7 at the same time, and that you can basically forget having a 6x7 without MLU properly serviced today. The parts just aren't available. The newer version, with MLU, has the internal workings that were carried forward until sufficiently recently that parts can still be had.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well,you do need ML if you want sharp exposures in the critical band , which on this camera,would be in the 1/60 to 1second range. Or even faster speeds if you use longer than normal lenses.
    And "save the battery"? - the battery is essential because it holds the magnet for the second curtain open when you use MLU.
    I refer only to 1st generation models,of which I have extensive experience.
    If you are into long exposures (many minutes,hours) look elsewhere, or learn the " Lock open on B,and use your hat"technique, which places no demand on the battery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin