Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,752   Posts: 1,515,872   Online: 1017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

All Pentax 67 and 67 II bodies MLU?

Hi Everyone,
    Another quick question. Do the Pentax 67 and 67 II have MLU as standard? If I'm correct it's the older Pentax 6x7 that may or may not have MLU. I'm thinking of picking up a 67 (instead of a 67 II) and just want to know if I have to look for one with MLU or if they were standard on this model. Thanks,
    Marc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marcmarc View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Another quick question. Do the Pentax 67 and 67 II have MLU as standard? If I'm correct it's the older Pentax 6x7 that may or may not have MLU. I'm thinking of picking up a 67 (instead of a 67 II) and just want to know if I have to look for one with MLU or if they were standard on this model. Thanks,
    Marc
    I'm a P67II owner. Off the top of my head, I know that the P67II has MLU, and I think some of the later P67's do, but not the earlier ones. I'm sure a bit of googling will clarify this.

I use my P67II for landscapes, the MLU is an essential in my opinion...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can tell you for sure that early P6x7's did not, but later in the series they did. and all later models.
    You can tell for sure by looking for the switch. Viewed from the front,the body should have an unlabelled ,vertical slide switch on the left side of the extended lump which holds the lens bayonet.
    It is as essential as the safety catch on a firearm IMHO.
    It uses battery power when used,so bear that in mind if you activate it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All 67's have MLU. Check out:http://www.photoethnography.com/Clas...html~mainFrame
    One of many sites on the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckP View Post
    All 67's have MLU. Check out:http://www.photoethnography.com/Clas...html~mainFrame
    One of many sites on the camera.
    After reading the link, the earliest models did not have MLU, that was one of the first mods on the 67. The correct answer is, NO not all Pentax 67's have MLU.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    35mm
    I think what the OP is asking is about the cameras marked "6X7" vs "67" vs "67 II" and his statement is correct. Only the earliest of the cameras marked "6X7" are without lockup. But, all the cameras marked "67" and all marked "67 II" do have lockup.

In other words, the name changed from "6X7" to "67" after the addition of the lockup feature to the "6X7."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

My 6x7 does have lock-up...

Quote Originally Posted by BobD View Post
    I think what the OP is asking is about the cameras marked "6X7" vs "67" vs "67 II" and his statement is correct. Only the earliest of the cameras marked "6X7" are without lockup. But, all the cameras marked "67" and all marked "67 II" do have lockup.

In other words, the name changed from "6X7" to "67" after the addition of the lockup feature to the "6X7."
    I have one marked 6x7 and it DOES have lock-up, so that's not a great indicator either. The best advice for the OP is to look for the mirror lockup switch!
    Last edited by toro_mike; 08-15-2011 at 09:20 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Cursed spelling!
    Mike

"Your apparent youth belies your worldly knowledge."
    Flickr Account

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    You don't need MUL unless you are doing really long exposures. Even then all it does is help save on the battery life..
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ALL marked "67" are MLU. Some marked "6X7" are MLU, some are not. on the 6X7, look for the MLU lever an the 67 and 67II, don't bother. The Pentax site cited earlier has the S/N point where MLU was added to the 6X7 body.
    IMHO, the mirror lockup will do some good whenever it is used at whatever shutterspeed. With practice it can even be used handheld.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bblhed View Post
    You don't need MUL unless you are doing really long exposures. Even then all it does is help save on the battery life..
    I disagree.

The shutter slap is like a cannon firing! Real potential for vibration shake.

Try using any of the longer lenses on the P67 and see how you get on without MLU .

My 300mm is tripod mounted with a quality ballhead, used with cable release and MLU for landscapes. Even then, never used over f8 as images can often be slightly soft when used with slow transparency film.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin