Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,532   Online: 1034

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    Just hope you didn't sprain your wrist (joke). If you obtain the 55, I have a huge K2 yellow filter available.
    The 45mm is very,very good too ,and smaller and lighter.
    Yes, don't overlook the 45mm as it is my favorite lens on the Pentax. Doesn't seem to rate as high as the 55's do, but that might be because less people have the 45mm. Truth is, "ALL" the lenses in the Penta 67 stable are very, very good and that includes even the older ones. JohnW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Congrats on your purchase, lovely camera and that wood handle, it´s stylish.

Have fun!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's a pretty basic loading video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmJHVVaWRBg
    I would not let the wind lever snap back like that. Also I like to not remove the tape from the film before putting it in the camera. I always seem to have to turn the reel to get it to line up correctly and an untaped reel makes this easier. After it's lined up just grab the tape end and pull.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the video link Chuck P. As far as wide angles go, I seem to recall reading that the 45mm lenses tend to get a bit soft at the corners which is why I began thinking about a 55. Perhaps this is just another misconception along with the overstated camera vibration issue? With my RZ67 I have a 50 and it has a floating element ring that the user sets the subject distance in order to keep the corners sharp. Thus, I suppose at these focal lengths, this is a common issue. I'll do some more research into the 45.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have the 55mm and it is a great lens... Very sharp at all stops I have tried. I keep the 90mm LS and the 55mm together whenever the 6x7 goes out. It also works great on my 645NII with the adapter

Here's a good resource for 67 lenses with basic descriptions:
    http://www.antiquecameras.net/pentax6x7lenses.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Be aware that there are 3 versions of the 55. The last one has the best reputation. Check the above link for descriptions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckP View Post
    Be aware that there are 3 versions of the 55. The last one has the best reputation. Check the above link for descriptions.
    Indeed. I should have said "Here's a good resource for 67 lenses with basic descriptions and reputation grades."

Thanks ChuckP!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Chuck P. So how does one tell the difference between the two 55mm f4 SMC lenses? They even have the same filter size. I'll probably buy one from KEH so it will be sight unseen. Is there a serial number range I mention when I call in my order? They designate some lenses as "late"; this is what my 105mm lens was described as when I ordered the kit.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The latest 55/4 is labeled " SMC Pentax 67". The earlier 55/4 is labeled "SMC Pentax 6x7". If you're buying from KEH, they'll list the most recent as "late". There is also an earlier 55/3.5.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Got it surfotog. Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin