Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,184   Online: 853

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

I picked up a Pentax 67!

Thanks again for the advice on my questions yesterday. I purchased a kit from KEH. A 67 (not a older 6x7 or a newer 67 II) with 105mm and a Penta prisim. I like incident metering so I don't need a TTL prism. All I need now is a owners manual. I'm just out the door to work so I'll google search for one when I get home; there has to be (I hope) one online. I also need a strap. This might be difficult. I read that these are a specialty item (like the Mamiya straps) so I'll look around LA for one at Samys or Calumet. I guess there aren't any after market straps that will work.
    Thanks again. I'm taking a long weekend this week so my camera should arrive by then. This is so exciting!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm glad that you got a Pentax 67, I have a Maimya RB67 which I love!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by marcmarc View Post
    Thanks again for the advice on my questions yesterday. I purchased a kit from KEH. A 67 (not a older 6x7 or a newer 67 II) with 105mm and a Penta prisim. I like incident metering so I don't need a TTL prism. All I need now is a owners manual. I'm just out the door to work so I'll google search for one when I get home; there has to be (I hope) one online. I also need a strap. This might be difficult. I read that these are a specialty item (like the Mamiya straps) so I'll look around LA for one at Samys or Calumet. I guess there aren't any after market straps that will work.
    Thanks again. I'm taking a long weekend this week so my camera should arrive by then. This is so exciting!
    Op - Tech make great comfortable Neoprene straps with the correct metal clips to fit the metal strap buttons on Pentax 6X7s you need the type "B" connectors
    http://optechusa.com/super-pro-strap.html, these are better than the straps Pentax used to make for these cameras .
    Last edited by benjiboy; 08-15-2011 at 11:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Congrats! I absolutely love my Pentax 6x7. Wait until you see the negative, so nice!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Here's a link to an owner's manual PDF: http://www.butkus.org/chinon/pentax/...pentax_6x7.htm.

I just got mine last week; toro_mike is right; the negatives are amazing! :-)
    Nikon 35mm, Mamiya 645 & RB67, Leica IIIb, other bits and pieces

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Loved it

I used a 67 for many years. It's a wonderful camera. I think the only quirk - loading film when it's very cold. I have big hands and it was painful at times. I placed the film in the camera prior to unwinding the leader, which helped. Congrats on your purchase.
    Sean Depuydt - Escanaba Michigan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats! I use an RZ and I love the size, but hate the bulk. Your Pentax is more compact.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the congrats and the links. I still have a RZ67 kit that will still get some use. The big Pentax will be sort of a compliment to it. You see, since I had a spare RZ body that I purchased to use while waiting for my first RZ body to be repaired (and which Mamiya in NY kept sending the wrong parts for which made the turn over time drag on and on) I thought why not sell it back to KEH and put that money towards a Pentax 67 which I've always been keen on getting but never could make up my mind. I even rented a 67 II for a day and still couldn't quite get sold on it. Anyway, I'm looking forward to spending some quality time this weekend putting the Pentax through it's paces to see that it's up to par. After that, I'll need a wide angle, probably the 55mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just hope you didn't sprain your wrist (joke). If you obtain the 55, I have a huge K2 yellow filter available.
    The 45mm is very,very good too ,and smaller and lighter.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Used to have this camera w/ 3 lenses. Had to sell it in the early 90's to pay the rent. Still don't think I ever got over it. The negs from this camera are really a treat!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin