Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,927   Posts: 1,556,814   Online: 859

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hasselblad TTL+SCA390 - Cable?

I got a SCA390 adaptor for my Hasselblad to use Flash TTL but it misses the cable to connect the adaptor to the sync terminal on the lens. Now i thought i could build a cable myself. Given the socket on the SCA the cable seems to need a 2.5mm (3/32"?) jack plug. Does anybody know whether this is a two-conductor or three conductor plug and how it is connected to the pc-sync plug on the other side?

I tried a two-conductor plug, because flash sync would obviously need only two but the flash wouldn't fire. I checked for a faulty sync terminal on the lense, so its either a faulty cable, wrong wiring or wrong plug.

Movin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Metz flash adapter chart(PDA file)

http://www.metz.de/index.php?eID=tx_...8af46f19389744

http://www.paramountcords.com/prodde...=PW-PC1&cat=85

Laemmermann Roland Roland.Laemmermann@metz.de

Hello

I suppose you use Metz flash.
    I have a 503CW and Metz 45CL-4 flash.
    SCA390 connects to the camera body and the lens.
    Another SCA300A (which attaches to the top of SCA390) connects to the Metz flash.

For the missing cable,you need a PC to miniphone jack cable.(second link above)

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if you still have a question.

Also you ask Metz directly (3rd link above),he is very helpful.

Koo Young Chung

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin