Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,448   Posts: 1,643,514   Online: 1126

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks! Seems like some folks on fleabay are charging even more for these alternatives ($119!!!!) than some are the RB67 grips , but some of them are also available much more cheaply. Great ideas.

Shooter
    Large Format
    This is a fairly complete RB67 system for a reasonable price. Probably could negotiate a lower price. It includes a left hand grip.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/pho/2567656011.html

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by chassis View Post
    This is a fairly complete RB67 system for a reasonable price. Probably could negotiate a lower price. It includes a left hand grip.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/pho/2567656011.html
    Reasonable? Try around 1/2 that. If it's an RB Pro with old RB Pro backs, possible non-C lenses, and possibly busted metered finder--we're looking at a very old pile of gear. Pix suck. Looks like an estate buy someone snagged for 300-400 bucks tops.

My problem with all these LH grips, aside from the hard-to-find version with the twist grip, is no tripod mounting option.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    My problem with all these LH grips, aside from the hard-to-find version with the twist grip, is no tripod mounting option.
    I know what you mean. My LH grip doesn't have a tripod mount. Very annoying.

Shooter
    35mm
    This is the grip I used on my RB67 (until recently when I sold it to a friend who now uses it on his Mamiya 645). I have a wrist injury and pretty much always use my RB67 on a tripod these days.

Anyway, this one does have a tripod socket on the bottom, on which I usually attached a monopod. I paid $25. It also has a tripod screw on top that could be used for mounting a ball head for a flash.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post

How much do the trigger grips usually go for? Neither of these guys has one. The only 2 I can find on ebay are about 70-75, and that seems too high when bodies are going for only a few dollars more more.

I think I paid 45.00usd for the angle grip and it had the all important base plate.
    70.00 is too much for the standard grip.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The standard grip I have has been modified to include a tripod socket - the camera attachment screw was replaced with one with the necessary socket welded to the bottom.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 2 Mamiya grips I have do have a tripod socket on the bottom; they are not where you would expect them to be but off to the side of the screw that mounts to the camera.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Ah, well the bad news. The second guy only had an old RB Pro body and backs and old, non-C lenses that hadn't been dusted in 15-20 years. But he kinda cleaned em up with his thumb for me before I could cry. :-( Think I'll have to pass on that camera, but I may get a back or two from him if he sells them real cheap, being the inferior version. At least the seals looked good. And he had kind of a neat waist level finder with a large round viewing lens, but for all I know maybe those are inferior too. Guess I'm back to guy #1 again for the camera...

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    I use non-C lenses and they are fabulous.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin