Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,561   Posts: 1,646,496   Online: 745

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you're going to be a couple of hundred down....personally, I'd stick with what you have. If you have to replace it later on, go with the Pro TL.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They all have mirror lock-up: Super/Pro/ ProTL.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Nunn View Post
    If you're going to be a couple of hundred down....personally, I'd stick with what you have. If you have to replace it later on, go with the Pro TL.
    I'd agree.

An upgrade where you add a Pro-Tl body and relegate the Super body to backup makes much more sense.

And as for functional differences, the Super has a single manual (battery independent) shutter speed but no self timer function. The Pro and Pro-Tl bodies have no battery independent shutter speeds, but do have a self timer function. All three do have mirror lock-up.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I've never used in-camera flash metering in my life in a real shooting situation (as opposed to just testing), and I don't see it as an advantage. I don't like in-camera meters even with ambient light, but make flash the light source (especially on-camera flash) and results are even more likely to be less than ideal.
    I'll give one real world example, where TTL flash got the exposure right on target (when an ordinary photosensor Auto flash would have been fooled)...

Bride and groom seated inside the limo, in preparation to go from church to reception location. Sunny conditions, white limo, door to B&G wide open. Use of short tele FL to frame B&G with just a bit of the door opening visible to give the viewer a suggestion of the location of the shot. TTL flash exposure of the otherwise dark interior was perfectly exposed. (Auto flash with its wider degree photosensor coverage would have been fooled by the sunlight striking the white exterior of the limo.)
    Last edited by wiltw; 08-20-2011 at 03:30 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin