Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,314   Posts: 1,536,690   Online: 903

Shooter
    Medium Format

Cable release for Mamiya RB67

I bought a cable release shortly before buying the Mamiya but when I've gone to test it, for whatever reason it won't fire the shutter unless the back is open. Obviously that's not much good so was wondering if anyone can help? I've never used a cable release before so don't know if there's different fittings or what. I do know though that the cable won't screw all the way into the mamiya.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hmmm. I only use a cable release on mine for "mirror up" shooting. Does your release work for that?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Hmmm. I only use a cable release on mine for "mirror up" shooting. Does your release work for that?
    I'm not sure what you mean but it doesn't do anything when i press it. it's as if it just isn't reaching despite the pin being quite long. I thought it would be down to the fact that it doesn't screw all the way in but surely not if it works when i open the back? (without film in, i hasten to add lol )

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry folks, ignore this. Until someone kindly mentioned it I completely forgot about the interlocks in the body and hadn't tried the cable whilst film was loaded. Film now loaded and cable working fine. It was just me being thick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Also try it in multi exposure mode, on the back... flip the small tab under the film advance lever on/off the red dot?
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any cable release will be good.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you want to fire the shutter with the mirror up to avoid mirror bounce, screw the cable release into the shutter release button on lens instead of the camera release button. Then turn the lens button so it's on manual. Then, once you compose the shot, you release the mirror manually with the big camera button you had been using. That will cause the mirror to lock up. Wait a few seconds for the tripod and camera to stop shaking, and then release the shutter with the cable release. I use this method all the time with my landscape shots.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do the same as Alan. It's fast, easy and effective.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin