Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,069   Online: 1216

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Help me get a better focus screen for my 500CM

So instead of investin heavily in another system, I've decided to just make the one I have the best it can be. I am going to start with a new focus screen. I have a Hasselblad 500CM with the standard screen and shoot with the 50 and 120 CF lenses. I usually shoot wide open with both - and do portraits, candids and the occassional landscape (which I will close down the aperture for). I have multiple systems both 35mm and MF, and have found that I prefer manually focusing using a screen similar to the Canon EG-s where depth of field is easily seen over the whole screen. I am not happy with just a split screen, as I usually don't compose in the center (and find that it goes dark most of the time anyway...). Is there a screen that will help aid me in critical focus - not so worried about it being dark, but brighter is obviously better. Accute Matte? Beatte? Off brand? I have looked at them all but don't know what I need... don't need frame lines or grids, and the split screen would only help with centered comps.

???

THANK YOU!

Shooter
    Large Format
    You could try the standard acute matte screen like this one:
    http://www.ffordes.com/product/11052015510981

Peter Walnes sells a mint acute matte screen for less here:
    http://www.peterwalnes.com/index.php...0&limitstart=0

Both are excellent to deal with and they. ship internationally,

All the best, Frank
    www.frankbunnik.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use the Minolta made one and like it alot, it's quite clear and bright.

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not cheap, but the ones I have from him are a big improvement--one for a 500CM and the other for an Ebony 4x5:

Bill Maxwell
    Decatur, GA (if I remember correctly)

404 244 0095

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can you give me a ballpark on the Maxwell screen before I call and find out that it is totally out of my league?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It would be better if you called him, too many options and too long since I talked to him. Just tell him upfront that it is for a 500CM with a plain screen and that you are concerned about the price and you need some comfort about that before you bother him about what lenses you use and any other features you want.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rough ballpark of a Maxwell screen is around $200. Just so you have a general idea. Not $25, not$75, not $400.

I do not know about installation and such. On Rolleflexes they are usually installed and adjusted by him or one of the better repair people. I don't know how Hasselblad works, although I assume that it must be standardized on models with interchangeable screens.

I have one of his screens on a Rolleiflex. Wonderful.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin