Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,229   Online: 998

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why attach the flash?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    2F/2F,

The camera is easier to hand hold with the handle mount flash even though the flash adds weight. A strap, handle combination is worth the extra weight.

Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Why attach the flash?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I own an RZ, and I disagree. An RB/RZ is very easy to "cradle" without a handle, and it is even more comfortable this way than holding the whole thing from the side with one hand. A flash adds bulk and gangliness, which is what will make the camera seem "strange" to people, and all the weight is on one side, which skews the camera. A strap alone over the neck or shoulder will do fine, and the camera will not stick out as much. They aren't that heavy, just bulky. Anything you can do to reduce the bulk will keep it more low profile. Keep a WLF on in instead of a prism, and don't accessorize it. YMMV, of course.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well since you already have the answer I wonder why you even bothered to ask the question? FOR ME, the flash handle is more convenient. For you, it's not. I like it because it keeps the camera from banging into my chest. When I want to carry it I can do so with one hand. That thing is so boxy it's hard to get a good grip on it. I imagine if I had a grip that would be even better. A grip would also add weight but it serves a purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I own an RZ, and I disagree. An RB/RZ is very easy to "cradle" without a handle, and it is even more comfortable this way than holding the whole thing from the side with one hand. A flash adds bulk and gangliness, which is what will make the camera seem "strange" to people, and all the weight is on one side, which skews the camera. A strap alone over the neck or shoulder will do fine, and the camera will not stick out as much. They aren't that heavy, just bulky. Anything you can do to reduce the bulk will keep it more low profile. Keep a WLF on in instead of a prism, and don't accessorize it. YMMV, of course.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I asked because you are embarrassed to take the thing out, yet wanted to put a flash on it. In other words, I asked it as a question that you might want to ask yourself.
    2F/2F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not really embarrassed. Was just making light of MF.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The bigger the camera the more fun it is!

Jefrf

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin