Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,196   Online: 748

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yashica D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yashica D uses Bayonet 1 ( Bayonet 30 ) accessories. Plastic lens hoods and filters are available, hoods are cheap, filters no so cheap. These are not fragile cameras, but are somewhat quirky. Don't change shutter speeds after cocking shutter, don't use self timer with flash selectot on M are about the only things to remember, except maybe when advancing film, just push the button on the winder knob then let it go before winding film. The instructions are available from Butkus on line. Buy the durned thing and have a blast shooting it.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't change shutter speeds after cocking the shutter??

The other thing is easy enough not to do considering how often I use the self timer (almost never) but that one is - weird.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    Don't change shutter speeds after cocking the shutter??

The other thing is easy enough not to do considering how often I use the self timer (almost never) but that one is - weird.
    It states in the manual to never change shutter speed after the shutter is cocked, I believe under taking pictures. After owning two different D's over the years, I was afraid to change shutter speed with my Mat LM until I realized the shutter cocked automatically when winding the film and I had no choice.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitterbug View Post
    Oh my! So many replies so soon.

I will try to test it as soon as I can. I'm most worried about offending him by offering too little. I am very poor at striking deals.

Also, do they still make compatible flash guns?
    I use Canon-based RF-602's/600's wireless triggers from ebay with YongNuo YN-460 II flashes on my Mamiya RB67, they'll work on any PC-sync camera with X-sync.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, it all checked out, so I bought it. I will be getting it for a Christmas gift, so I can tell how it works then. =)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You are joking, yes? I don't care how naughty you've been, that's one mean Santa if this is true.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It'd Christmas every day at my house, load that bad boy up and lets have a look.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Please Pardon My Tardiness.
    I found a Yashica D, with a Hoya Bay-30 UV Filter, at a Thrift Shop for $10.00 !
    That also included the leather case, and all items are in excellent condition.
    The salesperson at the thrift shop asked, if the price was too high, I Said No ...
    It was a Church thrift shop, I didn't want to burn in Hell forever, just for a few bucks.
    I've been celebrating with it all month ! It's such a magnificent little camera !!!

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yowza, yowza, yowza... why can't I get those deals.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    Yowza, yowza, yowza... why can't I get those deals.
    I'll recommend a visit to Long Island, once the weather clears up ...

Ron

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin