Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,975   Online: 906

Shooter
    Large Format

Mamiya hot shoe size?

I wanted to do some studio work with my Mamiya RZ67. I use an inexpensive hot show mounted wireless flash trigger. The mount works fine on my Nikon products, but it won't physically go into the hot shoe on the RZ67 (yes, the hot shoe on my RZ67 is a "hot" hot shoe that works). Does anyone know if the MF cameras would have used a different standard for a hot shoe? Thanks for your advice!

Alexis

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's an ISO hot shoe and should work. Is there a locking collar on your transmitter that needs to be adjusted?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an cold shoe on my RB67 and seems to me that all my flashes slide on to it.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a Elinchrom Skyport transmitter in the hotshoe of m RZ.
    Mounts just fine.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Mamiya hot shoe is a standard shoe. Maybe your trigger is for newer cameras that use the camera CPU to feedback info and has multiple contacts, made so it won't fit a standard mount, insurance it won't short in an older single contact unit?

Check the bottom of your unit to see what the contacts look like? If it is a single contact, then see that the locking color is open all the way before inserting it in the shoe.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin