Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,517   Posts: 1,572,180   Online: 1071

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Images
    962xxx also fits into the range given for a Rolleiflex Automat Model 2 (KB4). (http://www.rolleiclub.com/cameras/tl.../allTLR1.shtml )

The one I have looks just like the one in the picture.
    -------------------------------
    Peter Schauss

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    The only way to be sure is if you could post a picture of the camera, and the back of the camera open showing whether the rollers are there or whether there are markings for the start of the film.
    Richard

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    They started calling them automats when they put in the auto film feeler. If it doesn't have it then it has been removed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also have an Automat Model 2 (serial 1030###), and have enclosed a shot of the back below. I also have a Model 4 (serial 1271###), which loads exactly the same way.

Just in case your camera is missing rollers, I've labeled the relevant parts. To load film in an Automat, place the spool of film in A. Pass the end under roller B, then up and over C and D, covering the film plane. Put an empty spool in E and wind the film onto it. Close the back and turn the crank until you see 1 in the counter.

Be sure that you're familiar with proper operation: Cock the shutter by turning the crank in reverse, towards you, until it stops, before each shot. After your shot, turn the crank forward to advance the film (and the counter); turn the crank backwards again to cock the shutter for the next shot, and repeat.

(If I've gotten something incorrect, folks, feel free to correct me, as I haven't shot my Rolleis in a while -- and need to!)

Hope that helps you out somewhat!
    --Terry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN0568.JPG  
    website | Flickr
    "Embrace the negative with absolution, your final positive reward." --IQ, "The Province," Frequency

Images
    Otterdammerung,

My camera looks exactly like your picture. Needless to say, I am still trying to work things out with the seller.
    Peter Schauss

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There's not much to work out with the seller, really. If it was sold as having a CLA, well, someone missed on the adjustment part.

One factor for you and the seller to consider is that Arista EDU 400 film (Foma) has a pretty thick paper compared to most other 120 films, as I remember. I wonder if this could throw of the 'automat'ic counter system. Have you tried another film with a thinner backing paper?

I hope things work out well with the seller. It *is* a simple adjustment, once you remove the crank, the hinge/strap plate, the leather, and the side

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Daniel View Post
    There's not much to work out with the seller, really. If it was sold as having a CLA, well, someone missed on the adjustment part.
    Or, the seller incorrectly identified the camera.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for the video on loading the Rolleiflex. I have been doing it right, but the reprint of the user
    manual's picture is not very clear or sharp about the first rollers. I have the Rolleiflex 3.5F with the Planar lens.

DaveO

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    There is a problem with the film start sensing. Should be around 3 or 4 I believe.

The eccentric #8 on the diagram needs to be adjusted. You don't need a feeler gauge if you wasted some film that you normally use.
    Here it is from the side:

Images
    Thank you for all of the advice on this camera. The seller has agreed to take it back either for repair or a refund. I like the camera enough that I am thinking about having him repair it. I will not be able to get to the post office until next Saturday, so I have time to think about it. I have bought two Super Ikontas from him which look beautiful and work perfectly so I have confidence in him.
    Peter Schauss

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin