Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,945   Posts: 1,557,739   Online: 1088

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Love the 67!

Shooter
    Large Format
    the 67 remains a fave of mine. It becomes a lethal weapon in a nasty situation as well.
    Pity the shutter scares everything for 6 mts. around.
    Great MF GEAR.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the use at eye level compared to waist. And the P67 makes this easier than the RB67.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    I'm curious.

Why use this type of camera, over another style like a Hasselblad/Bronica/etc. ?

I'm not being provocative but rather looking for an actual set of criteria why one would choose this style of camera over another...I've only ever used the Hassy/Bronica models.
    I also have several Bronicas and like them for their portability. The Asahi Pentax 67 is more of a tripod camera, although many do choose to hand hold it. Compared to the RB and RZ it is much more portable and easy to handle.

It is also a very unique design, being perhaps the only 6x7 SLR that actually resembles a normal 35mm SLR. The eye level view is easier for those not accustomed to WLF. Of course I choose to use AE prism finders on my Bronicas too.

Finally it is rather subjective, but the Pentax just has a certain classic feel to it that makes using it a great joy for me.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

NJS
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't own neither P67 nor RB67 but I love taking trips to nature where I burn a roll of Velvia in half a day.

Shooter
    35mm
    I just recently bought a Pentax 6X7 with a 90mm and 150mm lens. I hope to get out with it soon and run a roll of film through it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Great system. I find the late 55/4 and the 75/4.5 are both excellent lenses, some of the best around. The 105/2.4 is good but not superfluous, as is the 150/2.8. Not the right camera if you want fast sync or stealthy shooting, but there's no messing with floating elements or separately cocking the shutter (except LS lenses) and advancing the film. When I need results, this is pretty much my go-to camera nowadays.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMD View Post
    ... Not the right camera if you want fast sync or stealthy shooting ...
    Last weekend I used my P67ii to take some photos at an organised indoor event. Trying to take unintrusive photos in a quiet hall was pretty difficult due to the LOUD mirror slap and/or shutter.

But other than that it was great. Even managed to get some very nice shots handheld at about 1/15 or 1/30 which conventional wisdom says can't be done with this setup. That was with the 105/2.4 lens.

I'm thinking about buying an RB or RZ67 for studio use, but I'll certainly stick to the Pentax for everything else.

Shooter
    35mm
    I also have 67ii that I really love. I use the camera for photographing nature landscape and I can tell you that the zen moment before pressing the shutter is completely gone when the mirror finish its duty.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    I'm curious.

Why use this type of camera, over another style like a Hasselblad/Bronica/etc. ?

I'm not being provocative but rather looking for an actual set of criteria why one would choose this style of camera over another...I've only ever used the Hassy/Bronica models.
    I own both a Hasselblad and a Pentax 67. I tend to prefer the 67 because its negative is not squared. I hate cutting paper in the darkroom in order to have squared sheets. The 67 negative seems to fit easier to paper. Maybe this is a silly reason. But that's the way it is. I should buy a 645 back for my Hasselblad. But it costs more than a decently equipped Mamiya or Bronica....
    Ciao

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just got a Mamiya 7 and it fits me like a glove. (this after shooting hasselblad for a year)...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin