Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,886   Posts: 1,520,647   Online: 1139

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Love the 67!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Love the 67!

Today I got to use my Asahi Pentax 67 for the first time in several months. I was up in the mountains surrounded by some very nice scenery. I used the 55mm, 75mm, 105mm, 135mm and 150mm and shot two roles of Velvia 100F 120. I don't know how they will turn out but honestly I just love using that camera. It's so very, very basic and yet oozes with solidity. All my lenses are the old T type but I just love them too. The 200mm and the T/C wouldn't fit in the bag so they stayed at home but what a joy that camera is. Even though it sometimes sits untouched for months, I can't imagine ever letting go of it!
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have the Pentax 67 but I do have an RB67. I love my camera!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes Jeff, I enjoy my RB67 very much too. But that beast and the Asahi Pentax really are strikingly different animals. Call me spoiled but it's fun having both!
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ^^

Jeff

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had my 6X7 out the other day and I shot a roll of Portra 160NC (one of the few I have left) and a roll of Tmax 400 with it. The photos from that camera are amazing, I only shot with my 105 because I left the other lenses at home.

I can't say that it is the quality of the photos from this camera that makes them what they are, but it is more the way the image is rendered on the film by the camera that I like about this camera.

My last round of shooting with the 6X7 made me so happy with it that I moved it from it's regular storage spot that is hard to get at and gave it a spot in the in current use lineup. I really have to agree, you just can not shoot this camera too much.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yep, i love shooting my 6x7 (RB67) as well! I really, really like my Minolta 35mm gear (as well as the KM electronic stuff), but my RB67 is just a joy to use.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Love the 67, yeah, but just when it comes out of my Mamiya 7II. After struggling for some months with a Pentax that I borrowed off a customer, I am more than happy on my decision to go for the M7II. The Pentax is clumsy, heavy, BIG... but yeah, not that expensive at all these days. Good, but in my opinion the Mamiya is better and does all that I need. Plus, I won't suffer back pains and I can buy film with the money saved from the physio :-P (just kidding)

However, I have had recently an experience quite close to yours, but in my case with the Pentacon Six TL, and related to the 6x7 format (actually I am using the 50mm lens for the P6 trying to decide whether to go for the 43mm or the 50mm lens of the M7II). The Bronica S2A is now on the hands of my girlfriend

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My pair of 67II's live in my van, right at the back door! Alas, I need to make room for my new Mamiya 645 Super, which will replace the 300mm and extension tubes I don't use.

Being 6 ft 2 inches and roughtly the size of a bardge, the 67ii's just fit so nicely into my oversized hands - and the weight, well, it's nothing really for me, but I LOVE the heft of it (I hate light weight cameras.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm curious.

Why use this type of camera, over another style like a Hasselblad/Bronica/etc. ?

I'm not being provocative but rather looking for an actual set of criteria why one would choose this style of camera over another...I've only ever used the Hassy/Bronica models.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For me i prefer the 6x7 negs over 6x6. But i love the feel in my hands over an rb/rz67. I have a kiev 88 and mamiya 645. The 645 i have for long shoots because of the the fast change of the backs. The kiev i think i bought because of it's nick name but i do not like shooting it... maybe it will grow on me.

For me it is the feel. I do wish it loaded faster.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin