Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,819   Online: 974

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Personally, I don't think the Feisol tripods are just "good enough" I think they're very good. I have a very good head for the tripod, as well. I use this tripod for a Mamiya RB67, 645 ProTL and a Canon DSLR with some heavy L lenses and the tripod/head that I have are more than able to handle the weight of the cameras and then some. Unless I break it, I don't plan on buying another tripod.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Nunn View Post
    Personally, I don't think the Feisol tripods are just "good enough" I think they're very good. I have a very good head for the tripod, as well. I use this tripod for a Mamiya RB67, 645 ProTL and a Canon DSLR with some heavy L lenses and the tripod/head that I have are more than able to handle the weight of the cameras and then some. Unless I break it, I don't plan on buying another tripod.
    I can break it for you, free!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    I can break it for you, free!

Jeff
    Jeff, I don't doubt that a bit!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Nunn View Post
    Exactly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Feisol tripods are "good enough" in the sense that they meet a very high criteria for durability, functionality and quality. Not "good enough" in the sense that they *just barely* make the grade - as in a C+ instead of an A or A-. They are most likely excellent tripods and the reason you have bought them and are continuously pleased - and all the more so at their 'reasonable' prices.

Giottos, Really Right Stuff and a few other well-known professional grade tripods are unquestionably way more than "good enough", but at a price that's also at the top of the range - not that their price is absolutely indicative of a commensurate increase in quality....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Giottos is the tripod I bought that steered me towards buying another tripod.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Manfrotto and Gitzo probably outsell them all. Why's that, I wonder?

I'm not getting an impression of unanimous satisfaction with the CF product sold by Induro and rebadged for other brands.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Feisol and Induro are two very distinct companies. I don't know which other brands are made by Induro, but my personal experience with my Induro label tripod is one of total satisfaction. Maybe they sell a cheaper-grade of tripod to off-brand labels, which would be why people are dissatisfied with those products- they're built to a price, not to a standard. Is the finish on my Induro as sexy as a Gitzo? No, but it is equally as functional, and at half the price I'll give up the sexy.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Feisol and Induro are two very distinct companies. I don't know which other brands are made by Induro, but my personal experience with my Induro label tripod is one of total satisfaction. Maybe they sell a cheaper-grade of tripod to off-brand labels, which would be why people are dissatisfied with those products- they're built to a price, not to a standard. Is the finish on my Induro as sexy as a Gitzo? No, but it is equally as functional, and at half the price I'll give up the sexy.
    But what about repairs/replacement parts? That's why I buy Manfrotto.

Some believe the Benro/Induro/Amvona Dynatran/Adorama Flashpoint products are basically the same so-so quality(Chinese-made?)CF tripods offered at different price points in different markets.

I know here in Canada that several large retailers push them because they have a fatter margin than Manfrotto products. Same thing explains their enthusiasm for Sigma lenses. Caveat emptor, as usual.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    CGW - good point on the repairs/replacement parts... The Feisol Warranty requires a (no doubt expensive....) shipping to their Factory in Taiwan for inspection/warranty proposal..... advantage Manfrotto....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin