Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,716   Posts: 1,514,766   Online: 814

Thread: Bronica vs Fuji

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

Bronica vs Fuji

Hi all,
    Hypotheticaly, if I were in the market for a new MF rangefinder and for the same cost (+/- $50) I could buy a new-in-box old stock Bronica RF645 with a 65mm F4 (with no warranty) or a new Fuji GF670, what would be the deciding factors?

I have B&W enlarger capacity up to 6x6, so I guess only my lab processed colour film could take advantage of the 6x7 format.

As I see it, the only substantial differences are:
    warranty
    format
    operator interface

and as both would be (hypotheticaly) mail order I have no opportunity to get my hands on them. Which is why I'm asking for opinions.

(definition of 'hypotheticaly': my beloved has no idea I'm contemplating spending enough money for a week or two holiday on another camera...lets 'park' that side of the equation and all the 2nd hand options for now.)

Does anyone care to comment?

MattPC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I go with Fuji, have that classic look, simple and small when close the lens, also 6x7 is way big over Bronica and big negative is better anyway.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    For me I would find an enlarger that takes 6x7 or 4x5 and get the Fuji.

Both are fine cameras. For me I'm about the size/carry/handling. I've used folders in the past and loved them.

B2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd get the Fuji, but then I like folders! Oh, and it shoots square, which is the best format

NJS
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    judging from this user's experience it woudn't matter that much if your camera had a warranty or not.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin