Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,511   Online: 1038

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    To me the answer is neither, the Mamiya TLRs have all the advantages of the Rollie square format plus interchangeable lenses with leaf shutters for fill in flash that stepping back twenty years were standard equipment because of these factors and the fact that they are mechanically very simple and reliable and have a straight film path that keeps the film very flat, I've in the past done many weddings with a couple of these bodys and a set of lenses.
    If you are going to shoot weddings whatever you buy before you use it in anger have it professionally CLAd , because there's enough things that can go wrong at weddings you don't get second chances you have to produce results not excuses.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    To me the answer is neither, the Mamiya TLRs have all the advantages of the Rollie square format plus interchangeable lenses with leaf shutters for fill in flash that stepping back twenty years were standard equipment because of these factors and the fact that they are mechanically very simple and reliable and have a straight film path that keeps the film very flat, I've in the past done many weddings with a couple of these bodys and a set of lenses.
    If you are going to shoot weddings whatever you buy before you use it in anger have it professionally CLAd , because there's enough things that can go wrong at weddings you don't get second chances you have to produce results not excuses.
    What is CLAd??

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I suggest a totally different view. NOISE. Did you ever hear a RB67 "go off" in a quiet church. Click, Blam, buzz, click Slam, clomp. The Rollei is very quiet. Both the RB and Rollei can make excellent photographs.

I observed one of the top wedding photographers a few times. He is flown around the country by his very up scale clients. What makes him the best? Great photographs, absolutely. However, in addition he knows how to act. He is polite, knows when to speak and when not to. No showboating. You would hardly know he was at the wedding and reception.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by georgedean View Post
    What is CLAd??
    Clean Lube Adjust

r

mats
    Digital is for communication, film is for documentation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/studiopirilo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laser View Post
    I suggest a totally different view. NOISE. Did you ever hear a RB67 "go off" in a quiet church. Click, Blam, buzz, click Slam, clomp. The Rollei is very quiet. Both the RB and Rollei can make excellent photographs.

This is so true. I love my RZ but the thought of "launching" it in a quiet church......

r

mats
    Digital is for communication, film is for documentation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/studiopirilo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mats_A View Post
    This is so true. I love my RZ but the thought of "launching" it in a quiet church......

r

mats
    Ain't that the truth, you'd have the vicar have a heart attack, Rollie and Mamiya TLRs are quiet don't have mirror slap.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They are so far apart that is hard not to laugh, but, in the spirit of cooperation I'll say they are both excellent cameras. Rollei: German,6X6, light,fixed lens, easy to take on a trip. Tessar or Planar Carl Zeiss lenses. Excellent pics.
    Mamiya 6X7: Japanese, 6X7, rotating back, larger negative, heavier, interchangeable lenses, fool-proof, magnifecent pics. I love both of mine.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Of the many cameras I have no one type elicits more interest, smiles and fun attitude than my Rolleiflex twin lens reflex cameras. I'm sure that can work to some advantage at weddings too.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Of the many cameras I have no one type elicits more interest, smiles and fun attitude than my Rolleiflex twin lens reflex cameras. I'm sure that can work to some advantage at weddings too.
    The big disadvantage with a Rolleiflex TLR when shooting weddings is it hasn't a wide angle lens ability when shooting groups or telephoto lens for headshots, in the old days a lot of pro wedding shooters took three Rollei cameras to weddings, a standard, a wide angle and a tele so a Mamiya TLR with it's interchangeable lens ability was a much cheaper and more versatile option.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Bingo.
    They should definitely play bingo at weddings. It would have relieved the boredom of some of the weddings I have been to!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin