Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,468   Posts: 1,570,831   Online: 1067

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mamiya 7 or 7II

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JMoore
    As always great advice. Thanks everyone.

I have just been offered a trade deal that I am thinking about for a Mamiya 6 with a 80mm and a 150mm lens.

Is there that much difference between the 6 & 7?
    There is a difference. The Mamiya 6 is more compact with its retractable optics and you don't need a finder for the 50mm. Also, there are only three optics available (50/75/150) and these fit with a body into a very small Lowepro Nova 1 bag, making this an excellent combo for street and travel.

The Mamiya 7 is a little larger, has a larger neg and the excellent 43mm lens. This lens was the reason for me to buy a 7 additional to my two Mamiya 6 bodies. After 5 years of usage, I find that I expose about 5 films in the Mamiya 6 for every film in the 7... even while I got nearly the complete range of optics for the 7... the square neg is just better for me, no problems with portrait and landscape orientation etc.

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    The M7II...has a better ratchet system for the darkslide
    I found the old one much better to operate, especially when wearing gloves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin