Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,048   Online: 867

Shooter
    35mm

Mamiya 6/Mamiya 7 - Rear lens cap and body cap

Hi All

I need a body cap and 2x rear caps for the mamiya 6 75mm and 150mm

Can somebody tell me if the shallow or tall mamiya 7 caps fit the mamiya 6. Or any other system or even a universal type?

And does the 7's body cap fit the 6. (obviously without the battery storage).

Cheers

Nathan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The lenses for the 6 and the 7 are significantly different and the rear caps and body caps are are not interchangeable.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thought so. Did you confirm by trying?

I knew the lenses didn't mount due to whatever reason. Distance from rear element to film or position of lens-body communication pins etc etc

Seem unusual that the same company would change the actual bayonet fitting. Does anyone know if other brand's bayonet fitting will work?

There does not seem to be a source of rear caps or body caps for the 6 online. I have contacted mamiya themselves

Shooter
    35mm
    Never mind found another post stating that the diameter of the lens mount is different for M6 and M7.

Also been told that Mamiya doesn't have any stock

So its the waiting game for one to pop up on ebay or KEH

Unless I can find another brand or generic that fits

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are you willing to deal with a Canadian retailer?

http://www.vistek.ca/store/ProPhotoM...-mamiya-6.aspx
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks

Didn't find that in google. I guess because they used R-lens instead of rear lens

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would call or email Vistek to verify stock. Have purchased from them in the past with success, but have also waited quite a bit for an item that was backordered.
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Perhaps Bob Watkins has some stock? He fixed up my Mamiya 7, and seemed to have lots of parts. Pretty sure he deals with 6's as well. He's also very quick replying to emails and answering phone calls!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks both

I have emailed both places

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi All

Have now received my camera.

For all those out there in internet land Canon EOS rear caps will fit on in a pinch. This only refers to the 75mm and 150mm.

However, At the time of writing the rear caps are still available from mamiya USA. Body caps are no longer avaliable

With the ease that EOS caps worked I would love to personally try a mamiya 7 deep cap

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin