Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,974   Posts: 1,558,732   Online: 823

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I LOVE SQUARE FORMAT, but it is as much a state-of-mind as it is equipment. Anything can be shot with the intent to crop square.

Now I shoot with a Hassy (a big investment but well worth it) and rolll film backs (including a 6x6) on Graphic press cameras.

Those are my thoughts for you to consider. Good luck and have fun!
    I migrated from a Mamiya C330 to Hasselblad and never looked back.

Now I also shoot 4"x5" Pacemaker Speed Graphic and a 4"x5" Graflex Model D.

Hmmm .... there may be a pattern here.

The slope is slippery.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's another option Suzanne.... http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...ad-jurgen.html
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    That looks sweet, but I bit the bullet already, and ordered one up from this Jurgen fellow that is mentioned here, too! I've got an Agfa Isolette on the way with a rangefinder and new bellows. I'll let you know how I make out with it. Thanks!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice going Suzanne, hope you enjoy the square format as much as I. My first square was a Yashica D, very basic but capable as they come. I figured you wanted conveniences, but this will certainly help you get your feet wet. You will come to love never having to turn the camera 90 degrees fot any shots. Square gives you bonus area to fill and full format prints are beautiful.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Enjoy your Isolette. They are great cameras.... Going back to your original post, they will produce GREAT results, and are a major improvement over a Holga control wise. Looking forward to what you do with it.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gee thanks, Suzanne. Now I think I want one of those GF670s - rangefinder, meter, multi-format and all in a compact package that will travel well. All that's between me and that camera is the $1600 that I don't have!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry Brian!! Funny, that $1600 is between me and that camera, too!! So, I decided I could part with $230 for an older version... won't be quite as easy to use, but I just put a roll through it, and it felt great!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Agfacamera.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    What a lovely camera Suzanne! You'll be awfully surprised by the results from these little guys. I used folders because of my economic predicament (academia) before upgrading to a more modern system, but still use them time and time again because they are fun and produce stunning results for their age. Please post some results!
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The challenge Iv'e had with the old folders (I've been using a Kodak Duo - 645 format) is that I am terrible at range estimation. I'm hoping to come across an accessory rangefinder one day that might help me out. I can easily deal with the red window - I hate fast film anyway.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    The challenge Iv'e had with the old folders (I've been using a Kodak Duo - 645 format) is that I am terrible at range estimation. I'm hoping to come across an accessory rangefinder one day that might help me out. I can easily deal with the red window - I hate fast film anyway.
    This is one benefit of being raised as a big game archery hunter

Have you looked for a Watameter or Telex? I've used both and they are pretty nice. Got em' for around $15 off the auction site.
    K.S. Klain

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin