Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,469   Posts: 1,570,905   Online: 964

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I switched to KEH after being burned a few times on fleabay. So far i have been more than happy with my purchases from KEH and their customer support. I recently purchased a mamiya 645 super kit that was labeled BGN and what i recieved was no BGN grade in my opinion it was EX+ at least. I will return to KEH for future purchases for sure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My preference is to always buy from KEH if they have what I want. If not, I will look at eBay.

KEH will offer about half of what they will sell the equipment for. Worth it, if you do not want to use eBay or Craig's list.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here lately, I've noticed KEH is priced a little higher than other places. But I feel much more confident with KEH than Ebay. Many times, KEH's bargain is better than an ebay seller's mint. But KEHs photos are not photos of the actual item-they're stock photos. And you may not get the version pictured. For example, I bought a Nikon 35-135 AF. The stock photo showed the later version, but I got the early version with the narrow hard plastic focus ring
    Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan W View Post
    Have many people on here ever sold anything to KEH.I wonder how their pricing compares in that respect?
    Back when I was doing the used camera show thing, it was "policy" for a buyer to give you 60% of an item's true worth, e.g., if a camera was worth $300.00, the buyer would pay you $180.00 for it and they would sell it for $300.00. I'm sure the same thing is going on today (KEH too), but I'm not sure what percentage is being used.

Jim B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Mackinaw - didn't know "trolls" posted on the WWW?!?! LOL, i'm from about 1.5hrs south (and west) of you (not same as my sig notes).

Shooter
    Large Format
    KEH is almost a 100% assurance that the product will be as advertised. If you can return it, with little or no hassle Try that on flea bay

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, I too have noticed some things are higher on eBay than at KEH/Kohs/etc. This is partly due to more sellers using the buy-it now feature over the auction format. So asking prices tend to be at the same level, or higher, that similar items have sold for. I admit to being guilty of this, as I much prefer to list, sell and ship an item in 24 hours and be done with it rather than dragging an auction out over a week or more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've found that often KEH's price is about the same as average ending prices. Not true for everything though.
    But when they are, it's nice to not deal with an auction and just place an order.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I look at both. If I can buy from KEH I will otherwise its the bay. I got a Sinar rail from KEH for 1/2 to 1/3 the bay recently. But I've also had EX rated lenses from KEH that wouldn't auto focus. Right now I'm praying I will receive a purchase from eBay. I may have to deal with the bay over a fraud case on this one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AnselAdamsX View Post
    But I've also had EX rated lenses from KEH that wouldn't auto focus.
    Me too!
    How was I to know Auto-Nikkor didn't have anything to do with focusing?!?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin