Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,121   Posts: 1,613,389   Online: 1204

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I need something, I always check KEH first.

If they have it in EX or better, I buy it. If not, I wait until they do.

If I have to wait, I keep track of the forum FS listings and usually will buy from them.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    35mm RF
    yeah your right

Shooter
    Multi Format
    KEH dumps their junk on flea bay with a "no return" option. This stuff is cheap but useful only for parts. I bought a camera they had vaguely described as having "multiple problems". Yeah, like everything was broken. Everything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would prefer to buy from K.E.H or any other reputable retailer, pay a little more and get a six months warranty, which is I.M.O. worth the difference in cost.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott View Post
    KEH dumps their junk on flea bay with a "no return" option. This stuff is cheap but useful only for parts. I bought a camera they had vaguely described as having "multiple problems". Yeah, like everything was broken. Everything.
    Everything is returnable.If it is not as described you can force the issue.

You can use their online quoting tool to get a price on gear whether you are selling or not.Its remarkable how low the buying prices are.Personally I would gamble on selling on junkbay or craigslist before selling to KEH. They are in the used camera biz so they can't buy for a lot of money.But buying from them is never a problem.
    APUG: F, F/FTN,F2,F2A,F2AS,F3,F3HP,FA,FE,FM,FM2,FE2,XK,XM,XD, XD-5,XD-7,XD-11,XE,XE-5,XE-7,SRT101,SRT102,XG9,XG7,XG1,XG-SE,XG-M,X700,OM-1,OM-1n,OM-2,OM-2n,OM-4,F-1,F-1N,AE-1P,R5,500C/M,SCII
    DPUG:D100,D200,D300

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i bought from KEH once, a couple of RB67 lenses. great service, very happy with them.
    my only gripe though is not being able to actually see a lot of items, and poor item descriptions. thats where the ol' bay gets the tick from me.
    my photo blog;
    www.jamesruff.net
    Flickr
    35mm/6x4.5/6x6/6x7/6x17/4x5

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I did buy a Nikon F100 in good condition for a reasonable price (240$) and a few accessories (lens shades + winder). I only regret the incredible border fees (Canada) that a foreign buyer must afford to deal with KEH.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bibowj View Post
    Ive recenty sold all my digital gear (and I mean ALL) and went back to the right side with film. In the process, which Ive enjoyed graetly, Ive bought quite a few systems (Blad, RB67 etc) and have really loved the prices. However, in the process, I noticed something ...

In all my years with this habit (GAS), Ive always found KEH prices to be a little higher than what you can get from a forum or fleebay. I never had a problem with this because I knew that KEHs stuff would work and be in better condition than they described. BGN often equals EX++ online. Lately though, it seems that stuff is cheaper there than on here, or the other sites.... significantly so. For example, someone old a Mamiya 645AF for 1000 ... and several in EX are at 800 on KEH...

Just a observation... have anyone else noticed this trend? Are prices going up?

Also side note if anyones interested, I just pulled the trigger on the new Pacific Image PrimeFilm 120 negative scanner that SEEMS to be much like the Nikon 9000... once I get it, I can report my thoughts...

I buy most of my used gear from Fujiya Camera. (Google it and translate) It's in Japan, but I live hear anyway. So I don't do much business with KEH or ebay.

I'm curious to know your thoughts on the scanner. However, keep in mind the Plustek Opticfilm 120 is going to come out in a month or so and will, spec wise, blow the Pacific Image away.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-gear View Post
    I only regret the incredible border fees (Canada) that a foreign buyer must afford to deal with KEH.
    That's not KEH's fault.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    That's not KEH's fault.

- Leigh
    Of course not. But it is worth the trouble to mention.

But why politicians loudly talk about "free trade"?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin