Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,688   Online: 837

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-gear View Post
    I only regret the incredible border fees (Canada) that a foreign buyer must afford to deal with KEH.
    That's not KEH's fault.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    That's not KEH's fault.

- Leigh
    Of course not. But it is worth the trouble to mention.

But why politicians loudly talk about "free trade"?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I looking for something specific, I'll look everywhere--if prices are comparable or close, I'll buy from KEH, I know it'll work... But I've bought quite a bit of good deals on eBay ($7 Bessa folder...) and some pretty good stuff on Craigslist, local is good.

But the days of free enlargers are gone, at least for now. I met a guy trying to sell an Omega B22 for $250 without lens or carrier at a garage sale. He had printed out some web ad to show that it was really worth it...

All in all, good used gear is where you find it. How hard are you wiling to look.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. no View Post
    [...] But the days of free enlargers are gone, at least for now. I met a guy trying to sell an Omega B22 for $250 without lens or carrier at a garage sale. He had printed out some web ad to show that it was really worth it...
    I don't know ... enlargers are probably a special case. eBay has raised the prices of almost everything by enabling you to tap the liquidity of the entire world (or at least country) market for something, vs. being limited to the 50 people who show up for your garage/boot sale. Selling nationally is awfully hard to do with enlargers because they're expensive and cumbersome to ship ($107 for a new 23CIII from Freestyle to me, I just checked for fun), so they are still often traded locally. KEH doesn't even stock them. Enlargers also have the special factor that if they fall even partly into disuse, one's spouse wants them out of the house, forcing one to sell them at that liquidity-limited local price. (Whereas disused cameras can be dispersed to disparate cupboards to discourage spousal discovery.) So I've seen 23CII and similar pretty good models Craigslisted for prices like $50 (close enough to free!), sometimes with lens and other useful bits. I'd eagerly pick one up at that price, but my spouse doesn't want one in the house.
    --Dave

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin