Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,429   Online: 944

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perhaps giving them more credit than they deserve but... they just came out with a digital back whose main marketing message is it can be used on their (continued) line of V cameras... Why bother if two weeks later you discontinue that range?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NikoSperi
    Perhaps giving them more credit than they deserve but... they just came out with a digital back whose main marketing message is it can be used on their (continued) line of V cameras... Why bother if two weeks later you discontinue that range?
    The V-specific back is a "small" 16mp version and not the "large" 22mp. It also features a slightly smaller sensor just to be square.
    It is made for these purposes:
    - Satisfy the need for a digital square format to keep the tradition.
    - Satisfy the need of anxious professionals that need digital with their
    current V system. After all, the V system has been Hasselblad until
    the recent H1. The vast majority of Hasselblad owners have a V camera.
    - A step towards the H1D or newer digital models. One gets the "small" back to cover the present projects and "upgrades" later to a bigger one, that is to the H digital system.

It is the same philosophy behind the Zeiss lens adapter for the H1.

I don't believe it is the old backwards-compatibillity philosophy of the "old" Hasselblad. I don't believe they will continue to really support the V system. It's just a hanch but I don't see any other V-specific digital backs apart from this one, let alone lenses and accessories.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Arigram,
    I know I'm going to get a rash of sh*t from all of the purists (believe me, I wish digital was never invented and we could all live in a perfect analog world), but I for one (if I could ever afford it) would buy that digital back. You get to keep your old system and be able to satisfy the occasional need for digital. Not really a compromise in any way. Plus, I think this solidifies their commitment to the V series users. I mean, they could have been like Canon back in the 80's when their autofocus cameras came out and totally abandon the whole manual focus market they created.
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin