Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,837   Online: 1096

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

hasselblad owners

I saw this posting on ebay and bought two of them. They just arrived and are very nice and very cool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I am not affiliated with the seller. Just a pleased buyer.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    I saw this posting on ebay and bought two of them. They just arrived and are very nice and very cool.

Unfortunatelle, (or perhaps fortunatelly from a collectors point of view) it seems Hasselblad is doing away with the V system and concenrating on the H system and digital. Shame, first they go to Japan, and now the system that made them famous is apparently being phased out... :-( If you can read swedish, you might want to check this one out...:

http://www.gp.se/gp/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=113&a=185270

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Even more reason to buy this shirt.

Has anyone called Hasselblad USA to confirm the death of the V ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    great, i need some clothes that dont smell of fixer !

the death of the v is like the ilford story etc etc, the real truth is clouded in hysteria. Aparently that swedish article doesnt indicate anything about the alledged death of the v at all.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b

What lens is that on the shirt? It looks to me like the 50mm Distagon.
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i will truly know i am addicted when i start wearing my cameras on my t-shirts. LOL

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan
    great, i need some clothes that dont smell of fixer !

the death of the v is like the ilford story etc etc, the real truth is clouded in hysteria. Aparently that swedish article doesnt indicate anything about the alledged death of the v at all.
    I agree the alleged death of the V cameras is nonsense. Yes, the H1 is getting alot of hype,but the 501C/M and 503C/X are still their biggest sellers. Why you would actually buy new is a different story-it is still the benchmark for medium format. If they stopped making the cameras today their is still plenty in the market place. PS try to buy one of the "colored" models in the northeast-they are actually backordered. I live 10 minutes from Hasselblad USA and frequently visit and believe me the staff will tell you the V is the companies bread and butter.
    As long as there are those that buy film,shoot film and process film -there will always be film. Don't believe the myth that film is dead or dying.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What the guy charge for shipping to the US?

Fintan? Clothes smell like fixer? I thought everyone works in the darkroom in the "buff" like I do?

The lens kinda does look like a 50C. Old style crank too. Guess I can take a digipix of mine and work it in Gimp and send it to cafepress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Melisa Taylor
    i will truly know i am addicted when i start wearing my cameras on my t-shirts. LOL
    Yes, I can see Jim Galli now, wearing a t-shirt with a picture of his new Series XV Cooke triple-convertable!

I have a Hassy baseball cap, but feel funny wearing it when I'm shooting Leica or LF.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    From what I have read, the V system is being greatly reduced, but not discontinued. The SWC and the 503CW will be the only remaining models. But, if you think about it, that is really a wise move. The differences between the 503CW and the discontinued 500 series cameras are quite small. Hasselblad might have to make a few refinements to the 503CW to cover all of the differences. The 200 series has been entirely discontinued, which I am assuming would include the F series lenses.

Once again, I read this somewhere, and I think it is pretty reliable info, but I won't vouch for its accuracy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin