Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,534   Online: 1061

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Okay, I just opened a 120 back and the insert has the winding mechanism, the counter and the gear that fits through a slot and mates with a gear in the camera body. The back has a pair of leaf springs but it is to hold the insert tight while the insert has the pressur plate springs. The back itself is an empty shell with no mechanisms whatsoever. So, a 120 or a 220 insert will fit and work. Hope it answers the question. The 35mm back is different and neither the 120 nor the 220 insert will fit.

By way of logic, think of the ETRS-C body with the fixed back. It will take either the 120 or 220 insert so the counter, etc. must be part of the insert or it would not work with both.

For what it is worth, I prefer loading a few backs and carrying them than playing with inserts while out. Much easier and faster to swap, especially with the 1 tab early back, and less chance of light intrusion.
    Last edited by BrianL; 10-10-2011 at 09:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, you guys are right. It has been too long since I just removed the insert. I have 5 backs filled with film and didn't want to crack any open.

Thanks for putting that right.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds like y'all need to git shootin', PE!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My case is too heavy to carry nowdays and I spend most of my time making and testing emulsions and writing. I need an assistant or an apprentice!

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PE, I feel for you. I too am starting to feel the weight of the Bronica when I even pick it up. I am hoping my strength will return after the cancer treatment. In the meantime I am looking at bringing the Rolleiflex back to life and moving the Leica up to my 35mm system. Previously, I used a 35mm back on my Bronica so it was my main 35mm system. Sad because the Bronica has been a close friend since the '80s.

Tough to get older or have medical handicaps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got a 220 back from eBay, and my spare 120 insert works A-OK.
    I'm surprised and pleased by the number of responses on this thread. Thanks everyone for all the information.
    dphphoto

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin