Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,591   Posts: 1,545,961   Online: 1272

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

One of my RB67 backs doesnt change from S to 1 anymore.

It's my ProS back.

I've pushed the tab on the back in by hand and ran some paper through and the counter still doesn't wind over to 1, stays on S.. was playing up before doing this sometimes and sometimes not, now all the time, is it a simple fix of reattaching something inside the back? I'd need to get a new screwdriver to open it.

My Pro back kicks over to 1 holding in the tab, and just running 120 paper through it fine. So I know it's not the casing not holding it in properly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    By "casing" are you referring to the shell (in contra-distinction to the insert). If so, it sounds like you are trying to use a ProS insert with a Pro shell. As I understand it, that shouldn't work.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    No, it is nothing to do with the casing, I have a ProS casing and Pro casing, both on correct backs. They are actually so close to identical, they would work on each other.

But as I said in the OP:
    "I've pushed the tab on the back in by hand and ran some paper through and the counter still doesn't wind over to 1, stays on S.. was playing up before doing this sometimes and sometimes not, now all the time, is it a simple fix of reattaching something inside the back? I'd need to get a new screwdriver to open it."

I performed the same test by hand (no casing) with the Pro back, it winds correctly over to 1, as it does when used with the casing anyway. The ProS does not (and has a ProS casing).

edit: the angle of the cases seems slightly different, in any case I wasn't using the wrong case.

The gear isn't meshing against the film counter, they're slightly out of position according to the manual, I took it apart, but couldn't see anyway to reposition them, and happened to unhook the spring of the film counter altogether by just winding it and firing the counter and opening the case.

Gave up and put it back together, I can just use it without the film counter mechanism anyway, if I can remember how many winds it takes to get from S to 1 on a healthy ProS back.. should be the same as my Pro back though since 1 wind advances the same amount of film.
    Last edited by Athiril; 10-09-2011 at 04:21 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You should never need to push the tab on the back of a Pro-S back. It is really unfortunate that they used the same sort of tab for a completely different purpose on the Pro and Pro-S backs. On the Pro back you must press it after every shot but on the Pro-S it should ONLY be used in the extremely rare case where you need to finish a roll early.

I thought there was a repair manual online somewhere. Do a search here yet?
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank me later. This may help but it's right up there with DIY dentistry.

http://rb67.helluin.org/wp-content/u...air-Manual.pdf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    CGW: I only have dial up and tried several times to d/l that file for the repair manual of the RB67 Pro S. I even went to the site itself and have the same problem. That is, it is super slow for some reason. My indicator on the bottom of my page says 37 kb of 5meg and it will stay there even though my dial connection says bytes are coming in. I cancel the d/l and then go back and it will jump from 37 to 59 then 66. It will then hang there at 66 until I cancel it and come back when it will then go to 74 or so. I shut down the computer and started from scratch but have the same problem. Is any one else out there having that problem or is it on my end? Thanks. Ric.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No problem downloading it from here on cable broadband.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric Trexell View Post
    CGW: I only have dial up and tried several times to d/l that file for the repair manual of the RB67 Pro S. I even went to the site itself and have the same problem. That is, it is super slow for some reason. My indicator on the bottom of my page says 37 kb of 5meg and it will stay there even though my dial connection says bytes are coming in. I cancel the d/l and then go back and it will jump from 37 to 59 then 66. It will then hang there at 66 until I cancel it and come back when it will then go to 74 or so. I shut down the computer and started from scratch but have the same problem. Is any one else out there having that problem or is it on my end? Thanks. Ric.
    Only took about 10sec to open. But then as Harry and I know, everything works better in the Great White North.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    BTW this may sound stupid but is the lever on multi exposure by any chance?

If you opened her up, snug up all the screws, check the signal arm that it is actually moving freely, see if the littel tab that hits the rim when in the shell is engaging when closed, take a look at the roller where they say the gear meshes up with the counter... that slips if the screw isn't snuged up.

When the top is opened be sure to put the paper through with the insert in the shell so it pushes the little tab in, if not the counter is free wheeling and wont go to 1 either. THis is a common cause of problems.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    You should never need to push the tab on the back of a Pro-S back. It is really unfortunate that they used the same sort of tab for a completely different purpose on the Pro and Pro-S backs. On the Pro back you must press it after every shot but on the Pro-S it should ONLY be used in the extremely rare case where you need to finish a roll early.

I thought there was a repair manual online somewhere. Do a search here yet?

The tab needs to be pushed in order to activate and mesh the film counter gears by pushing them together. You're thinking about something else which is the film advance unlocker thing. That is not it.

The gears do not mesh properly, they are out of position, I already had the manual and mentioned I consulted it above.

Double-exposure lock doesn't affect push the on the other side slightly out of position.

I would have to disassemble it far more than just the top cover to get the film counter spring reconnected I accidentally unconnected while, when I had the film counter in a position fiddling with all the locks and then took off the case which depressed the tab and lets the film counter spring back to 0.. spring came off instead because of how I had i.

I'd have to take it all apart with all those gears to realign the 2 gears anyway... so as above I'm just going to leave it for the time being, it's perfectly operable in double-exposure mode, I just have to count manually now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin