Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,700   Posts: 1,482,620   Online: 755

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The sharpest MF negs I've ever made have come from my "T", the Zies Tessar lens model, at f11 and f16. Wonderful camera. Mine was a gift from an incredibly generous friend, not sure of the market value but it is priceless to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    RolleiT

With all due respect, I would tend to favor data from a Rollei repairman as far as reliability. Your sample is small and based on very little amateur use, I imagine. Its not opinion as to the parts that Rollei used in the T versus its more expensive models, but fact...

The "T" is not a bad camera at all, the point is about its relative value and current market price. I would take a Rolleicord VB at half the price of a T and the results from its Tessar will be identical given all else is equal.

Dan
    Antique and Classic Camera BLOG
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    @RolleiT
    Did you test the lightmeter and is it spot on in comparison with an other meter "T".
    Mine is complete off. Is there a solution to fix it?
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Harry, I intend checking it at the weekend. It appears to be quite responsive to light from my kitchen window but I haven't been able to check it early morning. The weather here is awful and the evenings are closing in quick!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just received a mail from D. Paepke who is one of the authorities of Rollei repair in Germany. He just overhauls my Rolleiflex T, and I asked him about the plastic parts of the "T" and whether it ist really so difficult to repair the camera. He answered that he had succeded in repairing every "T" he received. According to him the film transport is more simple than in other Rolleiflexes, and there is exactly one plastic gear wheel inside which drives the counting mechanism. Even the plastic stripes with the f-stops and the shutter speeds on them do not really fail frequently when you consider that the cameras are 40 or 50 years old, he said. And he didn't give me the impression at all that there is anything wrong with this model.

So get your camera and enjoy. I like the "T" because it ist a lightweight, more like the Rolleicord, and I am a fan of the coupled EV scale which fits perfectly to my needs. The Tessar lens of the Rolleiflex T is an improved version with an amount of Lanthanium in it to improve colour rendition in comparison with older Rolleiflexes like the Automats, and the pictures I get from it are sharp as a tack and add a specific look to them I really like.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Despite some of the criticisms levelled here about the quality of the Rollei T, I had never any doubts about its reliability. Dikigoros, I thank you for your input and agree with everything that you posted. INterestingly enough, a London private dealer has offerred me £300 for my camera, he has a customer in the Far East on the look for one, its obviously well sought after. I intend using it!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a T I bought maybe 12 years ago, when ex Royal Navy Ts became available from a dealer in the UK for a shot while. They were clean and well maintained, a characteristic of everything else the Royal Navy touches! It was cheap, sharp as could be and has the Schnieder lens. I would highly recommend one. However this T has no meter on it and it was never meant to have one. It's great as a discreet, non-threatening waist level portrait/candid camera. The beautiful sharp lens is good for landscape too, though my preference is to use something a little wider for that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hka View Post
    @RolleiT
    Did you test the lightmeter and is it spot on in comparison with an other meter "T".
    Mine is complete off. Is there a solution to fix it?
    Harry, decided to buy a Minolta Autometer to use with the Rollei. From experience the Gossen fitted meters can be 'hit and miss', the Autometer was £59 cased so it didn't really cost an arm and a leg!

When taking readings with the Rolleiflex T in bright sunlight the apertures suggested were making no sense at all.

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    RolleiT; I did the same last week and bought a Sekonic Twinmate L-208.
    Thanks.
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Its so nice everyone is defending the T, but please bear in mind I didnt say the camera is bad - just merely highlighting the facts about its build relative to the current market prices of the camera. If you ask me, its over priced. Doesnt mean its not a good camera - just inflated for what it is. Frankly, its a box holding a coated Tessar... you can get the same thing from an Ikoflex, Minolta Autocord, Rolleicord etc...at cheaper prices. Peace

Rollei's own ads mention the T as "Almost Professional"

Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rolt.jpg  
    Last edited by luvcameras; 10-22-2011 at 09:12 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Antique and Classic Camera BLOG
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin