Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,135   Online: 838

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Metered Porrofinder?

I recently purchased a C33 which came with a Porrofinder. I have yet to use it though, because I prefer the WLF.

I was just reading a classified ad that specified a 'non-metered Porrofinder' - is there in fact a metered version? I just assumed that because of the age of these cameras there were no 'built in' meters available, but if there is an attachment that then makes it a metered camera, I'm all in!

ETA: My 100th post!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, it has a small photo cell that is mounted on a small arm. It is moved into place in the center of the finder by a lever on the outside. The wires to it on mine broke, but they were easy to repair. I seldom used it because it darkened the finder so much, which is not a problem with a prism finder.

Wayne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The metered Porrofinders used CDS cells in the meters, and (IIRC) mercury cell batteries. By now, they are also quite old. So if you find one, the metering may or may not still be functioning, and if they are functioning, you need to implement one of the battery replacement work-arounds.

And they are both relatively dim and quite bulky (as you will know from the one you have).

Personally, I would prefer one of the metering chimney finders, even if they share the same meter cell/battery cell concerns.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have a CdS Porrofinder that takes a regular silver battery, eg Everready S-76E. In fact, the instructions say can't use a mercury battery because the voltage is wrong - at least for this meter. I personally like the waist-level viewfinder; but the Porrofinder can be a handy addition.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin