Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,509   Posts: 1,598,047   Online: 1177

Shooter
    Medium Format

How do I make a Gx680 to EOS adapter?

I know, sounds crazy, but I have a spare Gx680 back with no film cartidge and a dead battery, I'm wondering how hard it would be to turn it into an EOS back for my Gx680.

My first thought would be to use a 4x5 EOS adapter and just merge the back to the adapter. But that's rather a pricey solution just to try something out.

Anyone else got any idea?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There is a person out of South Korea who has modded a GX680 shell to work with Canon or Leica S2 bodies. I've asked him about modding it for a Nikon FX body and he indicated it was possible... only the cost.

Have a look at the current ebay auction. For what it is worth, I have been eyeing his ads for a while and his price remains $2000.

ebay ad id 260757325189

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leica-S2-Can...item3cb6590585

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Interesting idea, taking the mount from a back and putting it on an EOS somehow? You may lose infinity focus unless the pentaprism bump is sufficiently out of the way to clear the body.

The question to me is, why? It seems like unless you're into doing shift stuff, you don't really gain that much. The widest you can get 680 stuff is like 50mm, correct? And there's other manual focus telephotos you could get into cheaper? Fuji stuff is pretty rad, but if you want a manual focus telephoto you could probably find a Zeiss Sonnar for Pentacon Six at some length you like. You still get good quality and massive sweet-spot performance, but the adapters are readily available and the lenses are cheap.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin