Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,772   Posts: 1,484,348   Online: 1210

Shooter
    Medium Format

head-shoulder portraits with an planar 80 + tubes??

hi people,

i was wondering if its possible to use extension tubes on a planar 80 lens and hasselblad 500cm to make head-shoulder portraits a friend of mine did it once but he borrowed all the stuff and he didn't know what he was using. anybody has an idea?

greetings
    Hidde

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sure, you COULD use an 80mm with an extension tube for a head and shoulder portrait, but your subject won't like the results. Getting that close with an 80mm lens will distort the subject features, most prominently, enlarge the nose. A 150mm lens and it's increased working distance (lens to subject) would be a MUCH better choice.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with Bob, but doesn't it focus close enough already? Pretty sure my 80mm Mamiya 645 lens focuses close enough for a head/shoulder shot.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin