Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,719   Posts: 1,483,126   Online: 1151

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Pentax 6x7 mirror lock up issue

last week while using my pentax 67, i set the MLU and the mirror stuck in the up position. i pushed the reset button and it came down but the battery was dead. today, after replacing the battery, i shot 5 frames and the same thing happened. this time however, the reset button did not work. i unloaded the film in the darkroom and now i am stuck as to what to do. the exposure counter is stuck at 5 and the 2 procedures in manual to release the shutter without film in the camera are not working. any suggestions?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Battery

Is the new battery still good? Might try another battery.
    Sean Depuydt - Escanaba Michigan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try another trick.
    Remove lens / push reset button / Put back the lens

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the battery was new on thursday but, i will try another one tomorrow..and guillaume, good trick but it failed too. i SOOO wanna stick something in there and make the mirror come down but i won't do that..
    thanks for the suggestions guys.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Nothing you poke at inside will help. The mirror solenoid is battery-powered in the 6x7, so if you've taken the battery out/lens off and poked the release button it's mechanically jammed somehow. Time to let a professional take a shot at fixing it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks paul! i am sure you are right. i found the number for pentax and will call tomorrow, hoping they still repair old film cameras. and yes, i won't poke anything..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Pentax won't work on them anymore (almost certainly). Look up Eric Hendrickson, www.pentaxs.com He does good work cheap, with a tolerable turnaround (not overnight, but within a week or two).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks again for your help paul. i have looked up his website and emailed him. if the new battery doesn't help tomorrow i will most certainly be seeking his expert assistance.
    ~~marianne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    new battery today and it is still not working. i heard from pentax and yes, they will still work on it...on a "case by case basis" and will, after looking at it, send a quote for repair etc...i also contacted eric hendrickson and he agreed that it is probably the solenoid and he can fix it, no problem..i think i will choose him as last time i sent it away to pentax it took FOREVER!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin