Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,933   Online: 945

Shooter
    Medium Format

bronica sqa 1/500 sec shutter problem

hi,

ive just noticed that when i fire the shutter on my sqa when set at 1/500 sec the shutter stays open for about 2 sec. the shutter seems fine on other settings. does anyone know why this may be happening??

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As you probably know, the shutter is in the lens which could be the problem. Have a look here:

http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/00YLkN

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This seems quite strange. 1/500 is the default speed -- purely mechanical -- and should work without a battery. All the slower speeds involve some sort of electronically controlled interaction. The electronics are in the body, and as CGW said, the shutter is in the lens. Trying another lens might help isolate the problem between lens and body. That is, it could be some sort of switch malfunction that the 1/500 setting isn't switched correctly in the body. You might try removing the battery and see if the camera fires at an obviously fast rate. If it does, that would point toward the body as the problem, if there's no difference, it suggests the lens has a problem.

It seems odd to me that a slower speed like 1/125 would work if the shutter was mechanically hanging at the1/500 setting.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i tried my 80mm lens and its fine so looks like its a lens problem which is a bit poop as i only got it a week or so ago. guess i should be thankful that the other shuteer speeds work (at least they look like they do)

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm not encouraging any sort of amateur neurosurgery with this but have a look here for what's what regarding a Bronica S/PS lens' innards:

http://www.buonaluce.com/Slens.pdf

Shooter
    Medium Format
    scary!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If the man in the street could easily repair complex modern electro/mechanic cameras and lenses effectively there wouldn't be need for professional camera technicians.
    Ben

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin