Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,754   Online: 1182

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slnce-z-gsi View Post
    GF670 should be a good camera with very good lens and good metering - even if maybe not as robust as the older meter less GW690 rangefinder.

If you have budget limitations (in the long run) than check how much are you going to pay for film, development and scanning - if you shoot a lot this may sum up pretty quickly.

Do not worry about the film - you will wear your cameras down and film will still be around (BW at least, and that is what matters )

I would not go into digital part of you questions as this is strictly analogue forum - there are other fora where you can find a lot of helpful information (DPUG, rangefinderforum, LFF are known to me). I would definitely advice you to read up more on the topic before taking the decision. It really pays.

But this place here is THE place to learn about cameras, film, development, printing ... many experienced members around here and many interesting threads (searching around is good idea).

Oh, and welcome to APUG
    Thank you VERY much for your helpful information. I will definately restrict my digital talk to elsewhere. I understand now the focus and scope of this specific forum.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff786 View Post
    Epson v700 is all you will need for 95% of work. Love the fuji rangefinders just got a 645 very nice.
    Thank you. Looks great!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome,
    I know nothing specifically about these cameras so I will not weigh in.
    MF prints even small are so nice... I am currently working on 5x7 contact prints.
    Cheers to you.

While folks have pointed out "hybrid workflow" is not germane to this site, it certainly comes up, and I think it is well founded for anyone who posts in the gallery. I personally either "copy" my print with my Leaf Back on either the Hasselblad or Sinar, OR use my Flextight to scan the negative.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The camera is excellent. I never regreted this purchase.
    Just take a look at my flickr if you want to see real pics from this lens.

I only do low res scanning at my local lab. Not a real need to buy my own scanner.
    Neto G.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't you loose all that medium format goodness with low res scans?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    Don't you loose all that medium format goodness with low res scans?
    I only do low res scans for my flickr album. Good scans are done when I want a big print, but I only choose a few shots to do that.
    Neto G.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by netog View Post
    The camera is excellent. I never regreted this purchase.
    Just take a look at my flickr if you want to see real pics from this lens.

I only do low res scanning at my local lab. Not a real need to buy my own scanner.
    Nice work... we look like we could be brothers, and both like Sweedish vehicles.

I resurrected the thread because I have GAS comparing this with the old Makina 67. I like squares! Forgot this think makes squares!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since the thread has been resurrected, it's worth pointing out that the B&H price has dropped to $1,664 (USD). Surely this is a reasonable price for such a camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The GF670 is one of my favorites! My only complaint is that the shutter is too quiet!!! absolutely love it!
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shot with the GF670 for awhile last year and it was a sweet camera. I only shot 6x7 but I liked the meter and how quiet it was. The craftsmanship of the camera is great. The only thing you should watch out for is the opening and closing mechanism. There are tiny tiny parts in there and if they break it's not good! I had an older Fuji 645 folder and the folding mechanism broke and it took a long time for the repairman to fix it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin