Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,663   Online: 847

Shooter
    Multi Format

The KOML (Koni-Omega Mailing List) Group on Yahoo Groups?

Good morning, everybody;

For "Medium Format," is anyone familiar with or knowledgeable about the KOML, the Koni-Omega Mailing List Group on Yahoo Groups run by Tom?
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yay! A Konica related post!

I remember seeing it when I first started researching the Koni.

I don't think it's updated anymore. At least not much. You're actually gonna have an easier time getting info here if anything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bushpig View Post
    Yay! A Konica related post!
    +1

There are a few of us on here that have these. They're a unique experience!
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

Are there any other comments or observations about the KOML Group on Yahoo Groups?

And, yes, I do have a couple of Koni-Omega Rapid-M cameras. The lenses to go on them include the 5.6/58, 3.5/90, and the 4.5/180. The 6 x 7 film format is nice to use, and it is so easy to get the detail you want in a print when comparing them to ones from a 35mm negative. For a camera design that extends back to World War II, this really is a very nice and serviceable camera, although it does have that audio quirk when you advance the film to the next frame.

Anyone else still using these fairly large cameras today? 120 roll film is still available.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have 2 Rapids but must admit they have been sitting idle as of late.
    I've been shooting a lot of 135 recently.

My "beater" Rapid rolled out of my bag once when I was chasing a bus one time and the shutter release plunger thing busted off. I can still fire the shutter via the prong that is under that plunger and it has never missed a beat.

I may JB weld the plunger back on so it will accept a cable release and perhaps fire a bit smoother.

Only have the normal 90's at the moment but both are fantastic.

Only complaint I could dig up is the back spacing issue.
    I have I think 2 backs that I won't trust till I dig into them and see if I can relube the ball bearing housing in there that seem to be the problem alot of times. Advance teeth are fine on them so we'll see.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I recently got a Rapid Omega 100 with the 60mm and 90mm lenses. It may be the ugliest camera I own, but it's not a bad camera. The viewfinder is a little small and all the bright lines present makes it a cluttered view. I've mainly shot with with the 60mm, and I like the accessory viewfinder. The grip is a little uncomfortable, but you get used to it. Overall, I think it's a fine camera. Most of them were (honorably) beat to death in the service of wedding and event photographers--so finding a good one isn't easy. It's not quite the bargain it used to be with RB67s and other very nice MF cameras flooding the market.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin