Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,339   Online: 1027

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I never used the W version, but i have the ULD version and its one of the sharpest lenses ive ever used...or seen prints from. i would put it toe to toe with the mamiya 7 lenses that are known for being uber sharp or even the hasselblad wide primes.

Bodies: 1DIII, RZ ProII, Walker Titan 45
    Other: CanoScan 8800F

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    OK, PM'd a link to scans from the 65 M-LA and 50 W. If anyone else wants them, let me know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Received - thank you. PM'd back to you.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had both at the same time (And also a full Mamiya 7 kit for comparison too). the non-ULD 50 is not bad. Certainly if you can get it for under $300, it's worth it. Overall a good lens. the ULD 50 is better, particularly in the corners, and has a bit more contrast. Stopped-down it's on par with the Mamiya 7 lenses. If you can get the ULD 50 for under $550, that's a good deal. The 65/L-A is a fantastic lens too, perhaps a touch sharper than the 50ULD but really so close it would be a toss-up. Hard to go wrong with any of these really.

-Ed

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's alright, but the corners on mine are definitely not sharp, even stopped down to f/11. I can't complain much considering I got it for a good price, but if edge-to-edge sharpness is a priority get the ULD version. Focus plane flatness really doesn't matter that much if you're shooting landscapes at f/22.

Oak Cliff Court by RHITMrB, on Flickr

I suggest clicking through and looking at the 1600px version.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Corner to corner sharpness may be one thing. I have taken shots with the 65 L-A where the floating element ring was accidentally left in a completely wrong position and the corners were not just unsharp, they looked atrocious, stretched out and like the most awful bokeh ever. I see this effect somewhat in the tree image above, especially in the upper corners. This is not perspective distortion and I sure hope the ULD does this better.
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have this lens 50mm for my Mamiya RZ, it is the most lens used over 180mm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin