Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,659   Online: 869

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    Lee, I have the GF670 and it's really a great camera..6x6 and 6x7.. Evan Clarke
    Evan,

I am still interested in getting one. Question: have you used it in cold weather, like 10F or lower? I wonder how the original lube keeps things moving in the real cold days. One large attraction is to tuck it in the coat pocket while I use the trecking poles and get out after fresh snows. Still looking to get some awsome fresh powder in the trees looking photos.

Looking at our stock market I start thinking about how my 101K that used to be a 401K has probably lost a few GF670 camera just today as the world markets take a beating AGAIN. Woops there goes a 'nuther GF670 again.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I started with the Hasselblad in the late 70's. Most of what I use, without the extra bodies and backs and the long, telephoto lenses, fits into a Pelican 1510 case that goes on the back of my Harley. I do not even try to carry any of it, anymore. I, also, have a Pentax 67II with three lenses in a backpack that I am trying, but the camera that has really taken over for when I have to carry it, not stick it in or on a vehicle and for when I cannot use a tripod, is the Mamiya 7 or 7II. I have both and would just as soon use one as the other. They are not quite the equivalent of my 4x5 and, of course, lack movements, but they are close enough that when movements are not critical, I pretty much use the Mamiya's--tripod or no tripod.

I am not giving up my Hasselblad gear, it is much too useful to do that, but, for walking around, general use, I highly recommend the Mamiya 7 or 7II.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    Evan,

I am still interested in getting one. Question: have you used it in cold weather, like 10F or lower? I wonder how the original lube keeps things moving in the real cold days. One large attraction is to tuck it in the coat pocket while I use the trecking poles and get out after fresh snows. Still looking to get some awsome fresh powder in the trees looking photos.

Lee
    I had one and the battery and shutter will crap out when it gets too cold.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not yet really problems carrying my Hasselblad on hiking (but not more than 2 backs, 80 mm and/or 150 mm, no prism); but sometimes a bit lazy, I really like just to carry my Zeiss Super Ikonta (Tessar 3,5/75 mm) with it's very nice coupled range finder, a small lens shade with a yellow filter – and I really can't see the difference in sharpness between this lens and my Planar 80! Unfortunately hard to make normal macro work with Super Ikonta, easier with my Rolleiflex and Rolleionar/Rolleiparkeill and this solution is just marginally more weight.
    /Bertil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have been down your road a few times, but the precision of SLR or direct view on the ground glass suits my photography.
    The viewfinder/rangefinder cameras are "too random" for the way I like to precisely frame and photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    vpwphoto, of course you have a good point, but – depending on what kind of things you do – it may work fairly good with viewfinder/rangefinder cameras of folder type, if one shoot with some margins and allow oneself to do some cropping!
    /Bertil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My suggestion is to take things just the way they turned out to be right now. Keep your beloved Blad and use it with the 80mm. I carry mine together with an small meter in a bag that previously thougt has enough room for a M6 and three lenses. I was surprised to find the Hasselblad with a normal lens and small a meter are very close in weigth and size everything taken together. I also had a Rollei 2,8f and it don't remember it to be significantly lighter and smaller. It's additional lenses and accessories that turn a Hasselblad into a heavy setup.

If you love to use the Blad, keep using it or you probablyy regret it at one point.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Every winter, I am using Voigtlander or Zeiss folders at temperatures around or even less than minus 10 F
    Same goes for my Leicas I,II,III or my FED NKVD's.
    At such low temperatures, most of the battery powered rangefinders will ballpark in disability state.
    At low temps, SLR's mirror and GG are up for a challenge as well. Been there, done that.
    Voigtlander Perkeo or Zeiss Messa Ikonta weight less than M2 and are smaller package.
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    ...The viewfinder/rangefinder cameras are "too random" for the way I like to precisely frame and photograph.
    The Voigtlander Bessa I optical finder have parallax compensated frames for close distances.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skahde View Post
    My suggestion is to take things just the way they turned out to be right now. Keep your beloved Blad and use it with the 80mm..... It's additional lenses and accessories that turn a Hasselblad into a heavy setup.

If you love to use the Blad, keep using it or you probablyy regret it at one point.
    You are so right. It is all the other things that really add up. As I put in the OP I find most of my photos are really with the 80mm anyway. If I sold all the other lenses I could buy my wife a wonderful gift, vacation or a ton of bones for my friend John's two dogs. the girls would jump for joy!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a Hasselblad system, and also used my brother's GF670. My thoughts are that if you're happy humping a tripod, stick with the 'blad, otherwise, the GF670 is an easy winner for me. It's like carrying around a 35mm camera vs. carrying around a brick in the case of the Hasselblad. I'll stick with the 'blad as I don't mind carrying a bit of gear around sometimes, but if I wanted to travel light and shoot handheld, the GF670 is awesome. Also consider Rolleiflex...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin