Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,967   Posts: 1,523,382   Online: 1170

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I should have mentioned that I have a speed grip and use it most of the time. It is indeed not fiddly to mount and gives me more control. I think I'll stick to it considering all the comments. Thanks everyone.
    Hans
    Have you seen the light..?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My mdE is no more difficult than my speedgrip to mount. I wonder why you have an issue. I'll ask a friend who also has one if he finds it more difficult to mount.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    BrianL: you can physicaly mount the mdE just like a speed grip - the pain for me (mentally) was because you have to have the yoke in the right part of it's cycle or it won't work properly.
    "If you look at a thing nine hundred and ninety-nine times, you are perfectly safe; if you look at it the thousandth time, you are in frightful danger of seeing it for the first time." G.K.Chesterton

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've never had any issue mounting the unit. Maybe after 20+ years I am just so used to mounting it, it just goes smoothly. I cock the camera, slide the drive on and back the camera winder bar back to match the yoke and slide it on to the final position. I do the same the speedgrip.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The ETRS motor drive is more finicky in terms of procedural adherence to mounting instruction than either motor winder or the speed grip (which have no special procedures to follow at all).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin