Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,664   Posts: 1,481,683   Online: 770

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 6x6 trouble

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Do you point it up or down?
    Yes.

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Worker 11811 View Post
    I often hear people in Europe who quote paper and film sizes say the width first, then the height. In other words, where I might say a photograph is 8x10, a person from across the pond might say 10x8.
    Just to confuse things, I say 5" x 4" and 8" x 10"

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmiller View Post
    "Other images appear, merge, in that museum which is, perhaps, his memory." ( sounds better in French!)

La Jetée - best ever use of a Pentax Spotmatic......

i think so to ...

if i could only get my photographs to mumble ... i'd be in heaven

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, as promised I asked my great aunt Millicent last Thursday night. Her suggestion was to wait for the first full moon in December. Find your way to the ancient Aztec Temple of Oxyacetylotl in the rainforest of northern Mexico (a shaman will appear in your dreams with directions, or you could Google it). Climb to the top (taking your camera with you. You'll need an eye-level prism finder) and you'll see a stone altar with a gold casket in the middle of it. Inside the casket will be a roll of 120 film. At nightfall, load the film, then lay down on the altar with your head facing north. As the moon comes up it will shine a beam between two columns, and this beam will shine onto the middle of your forehead, opening up the third eye. THIS IS THE EYE YOU MUST NOW FOCUS WITH!! Sit up, put the camera to your third eye and take a photo of the moon at f11 and 125th. If you've followed these instructions carefully, you should find that from now on all your 6x6 photos will be the right way up. However, they'll all be 2 1/4" x 2 1/4", so you'll have to compensate.

At least, that's what Aunt Millie said. She got it from some entity in the Pleiades.

Hope that helps,

Les

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's funny that is I what did!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Since it's german, you need a metric screwdriver to adjust it. This is also a left handed screwdriver as you have to hold the camera in your right hand while adjusting the sensor.

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=21

The sensor might need a drop of 710 fluid on it too. The 710 from the factory might be all gummed up. Some lighter fluid will clean the old 710 off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was doing some research on this, as I have the same problems with mine. Turns out it's a historical problem. Margaret Bourke White had similar issues with her TLR back in the 40's.

The advice is not to use lighter fluid to clean the orientation sensor. Prop wash should be used instead. Margaret hung out at the airport and borrowed it as needed. Since it's a combustion component known as an oxidizer, you might not be able to get it at large commercial airports; go to a small local airstrip instead.

That skyward gaze is her thinking about how the image gets transformed in the camera, and vertical and horizontal and left to right and stuff. I'd imagine she was doing some before and after test photos.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    I was doing some research on this, as I have the same problems with mine. Turns out it's a historical problem. Margaret Bourke White had similar issues with her TLR back in the 40's.

The advice is not to use lighter fluid to clean the orientation sensor. Prop wash should be used instead. Margaret hung out at the airport and borrowed it as needed. Since it's a combustion component known as an oxidizer, you might not be able to get it at large commercial airports; go to a small local airstrip instead.

That skyward gaze is her thinking about how the image gets transformed in the camera, and vertical and horizontal and left to right and stuff. I'd imagine she was doing some before and after test photos.
    thanks for the suggestion and historical note.
    i live down the road from an airport, maybe i will
    give your / her suggestion a try !

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lesm View Post
    Well, as promised I asked my great aunt Millicent last Thursday night. Her suggestion was to wait for the first full moon in December. Find your way to the ancient Aztec Temple of Oxyacetylotl in the rainforest of northern Mexico (a shaman will appear in your dreams with directions, or you could Google it). Climb to the top (taking your camera with you. You'll need an eye-level prism finder) and you'll see a stone altar with a gold casket in the middle of it. Inside the casket will be a roll of 120 film. At nightfall, load the film, then lay down on the altar with your head facing north. As the moon comes up it will shine a beam between two columns, and this beam will shine onto the middle of your forehead, opening up the third eye. THIS IS THE EYE YOU MUST NOW FOCUS WITH!! Sit up, put the camera to your third eye and take a photo of the moon at f11 and 125th. If you've followed these instructions carefully, you should find that from now on all your 6x6 photos will be the right way up. However, they'll all be 2 1/4" x 2 1/4", so you'll have to compensate.

At least, that's what Aunt Millie said. She got it from some entity in the Pleiades.

Hope that helps,

Les
    Your aunt must subscribe to Maxxum because that it where I saw those same instructions but it was for making macadamia nut toll house cookies while increasing your sex drive.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't want to increase my sex drive. 20 miles is far enough as it is.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin