Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,925   Posts: 1,556,801   Online: 984

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 6x6 trouble

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

6x6 trouble

a few years ago i had trouble with the ground glass on my 11x14 camera being upside down.
    i thought my ground glass was broken, but everyone here was so helpful telling me otherwise.

i am used to my upside down image in my "broken" 6x6 tlr. i am having trouble though ...
    after i see my negatives figuring out which ones i took horizontal format and vertical format.

does anyone have suggestions?

thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Turn it backwards then invert it so that the top is now the bottom and when you turn it sideways, first to the left then to the right you should be able to flip it over and see the horizon or a cute fuzzy kitten.

If it was developed in caffenol the process will be reversed.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Your TLR is unfixable. Send it to me and I will make sure it is dealt with properly.

BTW John, what's with the Silver Magnet thing? I checked, and it doesn't seem like silver is magnetic.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by guitstik View Post
    Turn it backwards then invert it so that the top is now the bottom and when you turn it sideways, first to the left then to the right you should be able to flip it over and see the horizon or a cute fuzzy kitten.

If it was developed in caffenol the process will be reversed.
    It's 6:25 AM here and soaking in caffenol sounds like a good way to develop a better attitude than I have right now. A cute fuzzy kitten wouldn't hurt either, but I no longer have a girlfriend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You may have to live with holding your camera upside down and pointing it backwards. The image inversion correction adaptors are backordered, and I don't know when my supplier will start making them again. I may have to wait until he sobers up and gets out of the local hoosgow or his dumba$$ brother-in-law bails him out. Follow lxdudes suggestion for now, and I'll try to figure out an easy solution for you.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got it! Suspend your enlarger from the ceiling, and then mount a pivoting mirror to it to direct the image either to the right, left front or back, then you can choose whichever image looks best to you. Then you will have to buy the new image correction paper from Forte(marketed by me of course), to print properly. Since you are an Apug advertiser, I will offer it at discount, only twice the price of everyone else.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Depends on how you loaded the film on the reels.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i can live with the broken backwards ground glass
    but not knowing which images are horizontal or vertical is the worst ...
    you would have thought that rollei would have made it simpler to figure this stuff out ...

erik ... i tried to load the film in differently, but
    the horizontal and vertical images still look the same !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think if you turn the Rollei on its side it becomes a stereo camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You need the official Rollei rectangle converter. Not made anymore, you have to locate one on Ebay. When they show up, they are usually many $$$$'s.
    I think Hasselblad made one too, but the Rollei one is better because it rotates and you can do horizontal or vertical with the same gadget. On the Hasselblad you have to buy either a horizontal one or a vertical one, and carry both. Those are really hard to find, especially the vertical ones.

I've heard that you can accomplish almost the same thing by just using a rectangular easel when printing, haven't tried it though. It seems like you'd get excess light all over the place, and I can't find my photon duster.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin