Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,488   Posts: 1,571,326   Online: 811

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I still have all my 120 reels too, and the backing paper! I have them all standing up on the top shelf of my dry side workbench. I don't know why. I just like them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been saving mine, just for kicks, over the last 10-15 years. The collection makes an interesting testament to the amount of roll film one has used. As such, they could make an interesting conversation piece, displayed in the appropriately sized glass container.

I've also wanted to use a few of them as "perm" rollers for a shoot with a model. Perhaps with a bottle of Rodinal as the perm solution. Only "the initiated" would recognize them for what they are.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Somehwere in this world, someone has just found an old medium format camera and after opening the back they realize that there is no empty spool. So, they put the camera back in a box for another 50 years.

Shooter
    35mm
    Actually, someone just modified an old Brownie Box with a pinhole, and not having patience enough to seek out a spindle (I'm not developing my own yet) shot (I hope) a roll of 120 onto the antique wooden one. Now someone is wondering if I'm going to have to roll it back onto the old (new) spindle in the dead of night under a darkcloth (leaving it wrong end out) or tell the processor I'd like my old (old) spindle back please and may I have a spare? The learning curve is pretty steep around here, but I'm really having fun!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have accumulated a few of the wood-cored spools, plus the later metal ones, and of course, I have a continuous supply of plastic ones. I agree with the idea of using them as hair curlers with a model, and maybe using film clips to hold the hair in place!
    Mark O'Brien -
    At the home of Argus cameras...Ann Arbor, MI
    http://www.geocities.com/argusmaniac/

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    "Der Satrap", the Voigtländer photo magazine, ran a competition with this theme in 1934! I happen to have some of those magazines at home, so I may post some of the more creative solutions after I get home
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    - Fodder for hand catapult. I haven't tried it so the aerodynamics of the plastic spool could be bad. Could be useful as a weapon during a riot or a football game.
    Being back in physics class for the first time in *cough*twenty*cough* years, I can now definitively tell you that unless you get your catapault shot right in someone's trachea, it won't be much use that way.

We went slingshotting in class last week to measure kinetic energy and what did I have in my pocket? Yes, a 120 spool.

Smack the airborne ranger just back from Iraq upside the head with it at your own peril. Trust me on that one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin