Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,706   Posts: 1,548,494   Online: 990

Thread: Bronica RF645

Shooter
    35mm

Bronica RF645

I want one so bad!!!!

So for now any users wanna share some of there flickr accounts, or websites, so I can live vicariously through the images taken on said camera?
    If anyone wants to sell theirs that would be even better!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a Bronica RF645 kit for sale on the Rangefinder Forum. Don't know if it is still available, but the for sale ad is on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's some of mine:
    http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=78552143@N00&q=rf645

Plan to shoot a lot more with this once I pickup the 100mm - it will arrive in less than a week!
    I sold a Mamiya 7II kit and kept the RF645 I like it so much.
    -----------------------

Segedi.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Google Mike Johnston http://photo.net/mjohnston/column3/index.html
    He gives a great review. I am now using my RF645 in place of a Leica for 90% of my photography. I don't miss having a f/2.8 aperture. #1. One can hand hold the camera to one stop less shutter speed than a SLR design. #2, The lens gives quality images wide open. #3. Nearly all MF rangefinders are limited to f/4, one exception the 6x7 Plaubel reported to have more reliability issues than the RF645. You can work around the lack of a f/2.8 with higher rated film and lower usable shutter speeds. What a great camera.

I almost sold my RF645. Then I realized I was not ready to let the kit go. I could never find a replacement kit of the same condition. The RF645 is unique in it's simple modern features, image quality, and size. I encourage anyone who can live with inherent RF medium format shortcomings to buy the RF645. It makes the most sense as it is the last full up design for a non fixed lens MF rangefinder. Additionally, the camera build quality and ergonomics are top notch.

The RF645 65mm lens is equivalent to a 40mm in small format. I love the 65mm wide normal on the RF. When using a Leica I also shoot with a 40mm Minolta optic vs a 35mm. Here is an interesting discussion on the 40mm perspective. http://photo.net/mjohnston/column70/index.html

I do have a like new hard to find 100mm not in use. In my opinion Bronica made the right move to offer the 100mm. The rangefinder patch would be difficult to use with a 135mm and the 100mm gives adequate closeups with image blur. rdjepsen@att.net.
    Last edited by Richard Jepsen; 11-14-2011 at 09:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    RJ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Highly recommended. It's a great camera, I love mine. (Obviously, I'm not selling it.)

There are images on my website (see signature) that are taken with the RF645, but it will take some browsing to find them. (Just on the most recent shot I added RF645 as a tag; I should edit other posts and include camera tags as well. Usually I do include it in the description, at least per "set" of photos.)

I've bought mine from eBay (body + 65mm), later added a 45mm and the flash, both from ffordes. I see they don't have any for sale right now, but it is a possible source if you want one.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I love the RF645 but I find I'm not using the 100mm enough to justify keeping it. If you have a kit the 100mm will perform like a very long normal in small format - 62mm I believe. My e-mail is in a previous posting.
    RJ

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Nice camera, but I sold mine (along with 3 lenses, 45mm, 65mm, 100mm) because of recurring problems with the film transport. I now have a Mamiya 7II that has been much more reliable.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin