Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,886   Posts: 1,520,604   Online: 1033

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Minolta Autocord or Mamiya C330 with 80mm f2.8. Both are pretty sharp. The Mamiya isn't light though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to carry Yashica TLR's my favorite is the D, for multi exposure capability. I've also had a Yashmat LM, which has the wind and shuttercock all in one(no multi exp), loved both cameras. I now carry Mamiya C-220 and C-330, with 55, 65, 80 and 135mm lenses and a couple of different viewers. These are heavy brutes of cameras, but tack sharp lenses that can compete with the best optics anywhere. The only thing I truely miss with the Yash's is the light weight, and the memories from my early days in photography.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    +1 on the Yashicamat. I bought an old beater one I'm busily beating more. it's become my go-to camera. Shooting 50asa Fujichrome you can fall into the images. Ricoh Diacord takes a great picture too, but operation much more fiddly.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have Mamiya C22 and C330 TLRs and like both. The C22 seems heavier and is very simple to use. The C330 seems somewhat more fragile/fussy as with the film advance/cocking mechanism.
    You can also get a Porro viewfinder that has a built-in meter. I only occasionally use mine rather than a hand-held meter.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    my vote is for a rolleicord. I love mine. I have a III by the way.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've got two extremes in TLRs - A Rollei 2.8 E and a Graflex 22. The Graflex is a great knockaround camera with a halfway decent lens on it, but the shutter is limiting and it's a red-window film advance, so your spacing is never consistent, and there's no double-exposure prevention. Which is why I went to the Rollei - it has the most accurate and consistent film advance mechanism I've ever seen. I'd say look around for a beater Rollei 3.5 E - I found my 2.8 on Ebay for $500, so you should be able to score a 3.5 for close to your budget.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    TLRs are a great complement to 4x5 shooting. With a good film like tmy2, you can nearly get 4x5 results if it's not to be enlarged too much. It'll be better than 35mm for sure, and better than a lot of digital stuff.

You should be able to get a rolleicord or tessar equipped rolleiflex (automat) for your budget. I like my 75/3.5 rolleiflex. The Yashicas are good as mentioned. Lots of choices here. I have a Yashica-C which is pretty low end compared to some of the others, but I like it a lot. Unless you can test it before buying, you may want to set aside some of the budget for servicing the camera as well.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have a Rolleiflex to sell -- Serial No 1,276,291 Should be a 3.5A (Automat Model 4) -- it has a Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 75/3.5 (with a red "T" on the lenses -- multicoated) made in the early 1950's, I believe.

Good to very good condition (with case in good condition, except I would no longer trust the strap) -- the only problem is the the "B" setting does not work. Can be repaired when you send it in for an eventual CLA.

$150 plus shipping.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you hard press for a TLR while not look up KEH.

Jeff

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    If you hard press for a TLR while not look up KEH.

Jeff
    Just for fun, I did -- the cheapest Rolleiflexes were well over two hundred dollars and non-operative or shutters times off.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin