Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,531   Online: 1011

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mamiya C330 Professional f query regarding iso

I've just run my first film through my brand new (to me) c330f pro. I am thoroughly enjoying the slower and more deliberate style of shooting with this TLR but I have come across a query while using it.

On the non professional model, according to the manual from buktus it has an iso setting on the lens lock dial. My model does not. My query is how is it possible to push the iso rating of the film or is this not possible with this camera? I'm used to using my 35mm cameras and just dialling in an extra stop or two when needed and this one has stumped me.

Any help would be really appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt:

There is no meter in your camera. The "ISO" setting dial on the earlier versions of this camera does nothing, other than reminding you about the film loaded in the camera.

EDIT: With your camera, the film box end holder on the back door fulfils the same purpose (and does it better, IMHO).

By the way, I think this is the link to your camera's manual on Mike Butkus' site: http://www.butkus.org/chinon/mamiya/...c330f_prof.htm
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shall have a study of that one, thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fortunatly, there is no ISO setting on those cameras or lenses. Creativity can run wild with one.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin